• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not to be :(

debbie_7155

Warren Scout
:( sadly shadow has had to go back in her hutch outside, as many of you know i brought her indoors after thumper passed away so she wouldnt get lonely, i bought her many toys, newspapers, apple tree branches, gave her tons of attention from me, OH, dogs, cat, etc...

BUT

She has chewed our wood doors that cost £1000 :shock: & now theyre un repairable :( .. i even bought diff sprays & rubbed salt on things & yes that worked, but she would find somewhere else to chew ,,
the last thing was the dogs wicker bed :roll:

I cried so much putting her back outside again :cry: :cry: .. i put all her toys in wth her & been out to see her many times & she keeps licking my nose (something she never did when she was indoors) but i feel guilty cos she had more room to run around indoors than in her hutch, she was indoors for about 2 weeks, is it just my guilty feelings that are making me sad or have i been mean to her? :cry:

she is eating/drinking/lickin my nose/playing with her toys... but i feel like ive been cruel, but i cant let her chew any more furniture, its not fair on us
since been 8 weeks old she has always lived outside in her hutch but with thumper when he was alive, now your all going to say get another bunny? but it broke my heart when thumper went & said i cant cope losing another, but i know i will have to face it one day with shadow, i have 3 dogs, 1 cat to go through yet & i think by the time they have all gone i truly think it would finish me off, i know everyone prob has the same feelings as me with their animals too?

Oh you poor thing....not all bunnies take to being house rabbits....maybe when your pain eases you will be able to think about getting her a friend so she can have company outside from another bunny.x

Louie is exactly the same, chews everything.

Could you confine her to a puppy pen when you aren't around to stop her chewing?

Nows not a really good time with the weather and all, make sure you put in lots of straw ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure he will be fine. Besides, chewing the doors can't of done him a right lot of good! :lol:

Im worried IF i get another bunny, they might not get on together & then what do i do?, i cant split the hutches up & that wouldnt help shadow cos then i would have 2 bunnies on their own :cry:

i have a dog pen for her & whenever we go out or to bed she goes in it without any trouble, but she chewed the doors when i was in the shower :shock: all at the sides theyre consaltina doors & they look bad when closed now :roll:

she has lots of straw/hay/paper/bedding in her hutches

Im worried IF i get another bunny, they might not get on together & then what do i do?, i cant split the hutches up & that wouldnt help shadow cos then i would have 2 bunnies on their own :cry:

i have a dog pen for her & whenever we go out or to bed she goes in it without any trouble, but she chewed the doors when i was in the shower :shock: all at the sides theyre consaltina doors & they look bad when closed now :roll:

she has lots of straw/hay/paper/bedding in her hutches

A lot of rescues and RSPCA's will let you try bond your rabbits at there place. That way you can see if it works or not, if it does you can get the bun :)

Is she spayed?

yes shes spayed & 20 months old, would i get a male or female for her? whats best?..a baby rabbit or older? & could a baby rabbit cope being outdoors as its now colder in the evenings, but not freezing

yes shes spayed & 20 months old, would i get a male or female for her? whats best?..a baby rabbit or older? & could a baby rabbit cope being outdoors as its now colder in the evenings, but not freezing

male / female bonds are usually easiest with both partners being neutered....if you got a bunny from a rescue they're usually neutered already and vaccinated already.

Back