• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie out of sorts, advice please? U/D She's gone :'(

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning to find Bertie my frenchie out of sorts, she normally bounds up to me when I go in but she just sat in the corner and looked very lathargic. I thought about stasis, she didn't go for pellets when offered but did eat some veg. Underneath she had a few quite runny poos stuck to her. Any advice would be most helpful!

She is alert and moving around a bit just not like normal.

Last edited:
From my recent experience I would guess she's in pain of some sort, definitely worth having her checked out by a vet (I ended up with a Sunday emergency admission because I didn't spot the signs soon enough).

This is a thread I started asking for advice which may help you come to some conclusions re the runny poo:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=201588

My absolute guess would be dental as she's refused hard food but taken veg.

Good luck with finding out what's upset her.

She's off to the vets at 4.15 bless her, she's still a bit lathargic and her tummy is rumbling bless her. I checked and she has done a few poos again but all a bit runny and stuck to her bum, does anyone know what could have caused this? Her diet has been exactly the same as normal.

In the space of 9 hours she's gone from being healthy to dead :( Poor girl, she was such a sweet, gentle big girl :( I'm gutted :'(

I'm so sorry. I felt exactly the same with Ollie. Do you know what was wrong (if you don't mind me asking)
all the hugs in the world for you.
xxx

It was GI stasis. I've had it before with my others and managed to pull them round but something went seriously wrong yesterday inside poor Bert :( I spent yesterday feeding her just what she wanted and trying to get her moving and she had an injection at the vets to get it moving again.

I actually had an idea yesterday after the vets, even though the vet seemed optimistic that she would recover, her poor tummy was churning and gurgling and her poos were few and caked to her :( I left her eating some carrots and when I went back in a bit later she was dead :( Poor lady.

She was such a lovely bunny, always wanting attention and more like a dog than a bunny. I loved her very much and so did Wilm.

He's avoiding his pellets this morning - there's no chance this could be related is there? I mean in terms of the food?

Back