• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At risk of being a stupid question...

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
When bunnies chew wood (their log houses, bunny branches, etc), they're not supposed to swallow it, are they?
Seriously, I am confused! Lloyd loves to chew and has great teeth, but I never see any traces of shavings anywhere. Am I insane to worry about this?

Yeah, they can eat wood like that no problem. My Kermit used to devour wood toys i gave him!

Yep, Valentine gets through willow balls in no time at all... and apple branches... and just about anything else put in front of her! (greedy rabbit)

The first time this happened, I was like :shock: then spent ages searching for where 2/3 of the ball could have gotten to, before realising that it was in her little tummy! :lol:

I *think* wild rabbits eat bark from trees as a source of fibre so I think it's ok - my two always eat their apple wood/willow etc. :wave:

Thanks so much for your replies. I couldn't stop imagining little splinters going through Lloyd's belly! :shock:

Back