• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do they really need beds

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
i am having urges to buy coco and rexy cosy beds:lol:
they are living in there hutches indoors in the passage way that runs through my house to access my back garden, its not as warm as my house but it is draft proof and carpeted, will they benefit from them or will i be wasting my money

i just feel like i need to spoil them all the time:lol::lol::lol:

To be honest, when mine have been lucky enough to have beds they have either weed in them (reliably-and turned them into litter trays), or destroyed them with digging and tugging. Needless to say I don't buy beds anymore. I personally don't think they are necessary unless the rabbit has a special need as long as there is somewhere softer to sit (be it hay or fleecey blanket, etc).

i bought a bed for the rabs last month.

i put it in a part of their room where they liked to sit. they ignored it.

i put it on the roof of their cage (no side on it, its a bolt-hole, they mostly sit on top looking regal). they ignored it.

i put it in the cage in the most secret, darkest, never-pood-in place. they ignored it.

i think its just in their way.

I bought a bed - thought it would be nice to have somewhere for my little one to snuggle. However, she either digs it and throws it around, or wees in it :roll::lol:

She mostly sleeps on a platform at the end of her run, which is soft, but not at all enclosed. The 'bed' area of her hutch is always pristine - I'm not even sure she goes in there! (she is an indoor bunny btw).

By all means give it a shot, but as Sky-O said, as long as there is somewhere soft I wouldn't worry for them to sit/sleep I wouldn't worry too much :)

Whenever I have bought beds for them they aren't interested. Although Dandelion and Florence do have an old blanket that they love to sleep on and they always arrange it to make it comfortable. I like to go in and mess it up and Dande gets upset and starts rearranging it!

Last edited:
I had an urge to buy a Christmas bed in P@H. I resisted and bought Patch a fleece blanket instead and she loves it, she drags it around and flops out on it.:lol:

:lol:How mean are you!

:lol::lol: I know but it keeps him busy for while! I always move their big cardboard box to the other side of the run and watch them try to move it back too! :lol: They like their run set out in particular - creatures of habit.

Harley digs up and pees in his bed :lol:

Raven's belgian hare loves her little basket, she would jump over the hurdles to get into it :love:

I put one of those Trixie rabbit run houses in my rabbit hutch. They've slowly been nibbling away at the foundations. One leg has just gone so I propped it up with a chunk of wood. Another leg is now perilously close to collapse... :roll:

To be honest, when mine have been lucky enough to have beds they have either weed in them (reliably-and turned them into litter trays), or destroyed them with digging and tugging. Needless to say I don't buy beds anymore. I personally don't think they are necessary unless the rabbit has a special need as long as there is somewhere softer to sit (be it hay or fleecey blanket, etc).

Yup we got ours a lovely bed/house and Scooch being the destructive bunny she is just ripped it to pieces :lol:

Back