• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues in North West England

Bex09

Warren Scout
Can any one help with the contact details of a rabbit rescue that could take in an abandoned bunny in the north west please?

He is a young male, un-neutered, un-vaccinated. He has been abandoned in a hutch in a garden as the tennants move out.:censored: He is in Macclesfield and the landlord found him and has fed him but needs him rescuing. He does not seem used to human contact so it was suggested to me that he would need an experienced handler to catch him. Which is what worries me as I am not experienced but really want to help him. Any chance you can help?

He is a young male, un-neutered, un-vaccinated. He has been abandoned in a hutch in a garden as the tennants move out.:censored: He is in Macclesfield and the landlord found him and has fed him but needs him rescuing. He does not seem used to human contact so it was suggested to me that he would need an experienced handler to catch him. Which is what worries me as I am not experienced but really want to help him. Any chance you can help?

Why would he need an experienced handler to catch him if in a hutch?

If no one else can get him, you're his only hope. You will have more experience than most.

I think because he is very nervous and will need to be put into a carrier to travel. Getting him into the traveller could be tricky. If I am his only hope then obviously I will do all I can to get him and help him, but I am just trying to get the best help possible for him and not sure that is me.

I really think you can do this Bex09, the bunny will be better with you than in that hutch on his own. If you do find a rescue then good news, if I had a car and lived nearer I'd help all i could! :(

im not an expert
but I would like to help
I may be able to take him if someone could help me get him - im several hours away although in north west

If the bun is scared, you could probably get it to run into the carrier without realising. Or use a tasty treat.

If the bun is scared, you could probably get it to run into the carrier without realising. Or use a tasty treat.

Fingers crossed I can because I have e-mailed the lady to go and collect him tomorrow. I will go armed with long sleeves and tasty treats!

Thanks Louise, I have pmd you about this. I can't get hold of the lady to find out exactly where the rabbit is!! Just want to go and get him now so I know he is safe but don't know where he is.:( Hope she gets back to me soon. Can't stop thinking about him.

Help?

Do you know any rescue centres in Birmingham, not to far out of Great Barr area? as i would love to help out at a rescue centre, playing and caring for the animals, if you could find a horse and pony one too please, just if you know any, i would love to go and care for horses and ponies, as i want a career wit them when i am older, i go horse riding weekly.
I am nearly 14 :)
Love animals<3

Back