• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay Sellers u/d ecalated it

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I never knew EBay sellers could be so flipping annoying.

I won a hutch on ebay last week for £3.94, and asked if they could deliver it at the weekend, "no sorry OH is busy and he is the only one who drives. can do tueday evening" Fair enough. I sent a reminder e-mail on Monday night, go a reply on Tuesday " sorry OH forgot to put it in the car, will get him to drop it of same time on Wednesday" I replied saying I have other commitments today, but will be in between 4-5 (like taking 6 bunnies to be vacced) " he's at work intil 5.30 you can ring him on his mobile (no included) and make arrangements with him yourself.

Am I being difficult? I am paying him £10 to drop it off, I would have thought that he would be able to do what he arrnaged.

I may be being cynical here, but do you think they were expecting to get more for the hutch?

Last edited:
After my recent bad experience with Ebay I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial barge pole!

Maybe they hoped for more but it could just be one of those things - my dh would do something forgetful like that as well :roll: & she did try to rearrange but you declined. Perhaps she just thought it was easier for you to contact her dh direct, rather than her having to act as go between.

Try ringing him & if he starts making excuses too, then you're probably right. ;)

I had to wait well over a week to COLLECT something I had won on ebay as the person said they were working. Annoying but i did get a decent rat cage for £2.50 that was in great condition so can't complain too much

I think it's easy to forget that other people have busy lives too, so it may well just be that they couldn't make it as they said.

I have now escalted it and communicate through e-bay as she is ignoring my emails.

I have asked yesterday and today as to when it would be convenient to come and collect the hutch, but not recieving a reply.

I wonder if the threat a dent in the 100% might make her see sense. (I didn't actually threaten it, but if we are communicating theour ebay, then surely it would connect that I am not happy.)

I have also paid through paypal, so she now has my money too :)

Stick to your guns. If they stop responding to you, you can file a Non-Peforming Seller complaint. You can prove you've gone through all the motions by trying to fix a time for collection with the seller - these will show in your messages.

Ultimately, assuming Paypal side with you, they'll refund your payment to you. Watch out to see if the seller tries to re-list the hutch!

Shame, though, when it looks like a bargain.

Seem to have responded. I now have the hutch after a little confuffly involving a stressed dyslexic me and their address :oops::roll:

Its actually a rather nice hutch too. In decent condition, Just have to clean it out, Bunny poo and all!!

Back