• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie - A success story

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
As I have been updating about quite a few bunnies today, I couldn't leave out Eddie :love:

At least we have something really positive to report :D

When Eddie arrived here 10 months ago, he was a poorly bun, his life expectancy wasn't great and we knew he would be on meds for the rest of his life. In fact in January we nearly lost him, we literally thought every breath was his last :( He pulled through and was dosed up on so much medication we thought the side effects would kill him but we had little choice.

Over recent months Eddie has improved so much that we have been able to start cutting down his medication. And from today he is medication free :D something we never thought possible. All his lumps and bumps have slowly disappeared, his fur has grown back and despite slightly damp eyes is a picture of health :love:

On top of that his personality has changed. One thing you could not describe Eddie of was being a "rabbit". Although he could be a stroppy :censored: when he wanted to be, he generally was just happy sleeping, he wasn't one for jumping about and always seemed a bit "slow" :lol: But Eddie is a changed Bun, he has turned into a little monster :love: He is always active when out of the crate, he is jumping on furniture, he is playing with toys, he is washing Elwood, weeing on the sofa, he is throwing his food bowl around and has started digging the carpet :shock: And this is all without medication.

We really can't believe the change in him or that he has come so far that he no longer needs meds. Of course we will continue to monitor his health closely, but any period of time he can keep off medication is a real bonus :)

So Eddie would like to announce that he is now officially a RABBIT, he is not quite as easy to live with as he was before, but we wouldn't have it any other way :love::lol:

Yay!!!! <does happy dance>

Eddie:love::love:
I think we might need some new pictures now he is a proper Rabbit (not sure what he was before though?:?)

Yay!!!! <does happy dance>

Eddie:love::love:
I think we might need some new pictures now he is a proper Rabbit (not sure what he was before though?:?)

He was an "Eddie" before, which is a unique creature :lol: It is just so good to see him displaying typical rabbit behaviour :love:

HOORAY FOR EDDIE!!!!
WELCOME TO LAGAMORPHDOM!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, so glad he is doing so well. (as Liz may have guessed :oops:) i kinda fell in love with Eddie when i met him, he is just such a DUDE!!

A real testimony that sometimes intensive care, TLC and time really do work out!!!

Big smiles all round! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(and yes, LOTS more pictures please!)

So glad he has done so so well, especially the lumps and bumps going, I know they were worrying you. All we need now are piccies :love: :love: :love:

And to think Alison and I doubted he would even make it as far as you!

Yeah!! Pics!!
Delighted for him that hes done so well,excellently well and as for you,I hope youre feeling very pleased with yourself cos you should be!!xxx

So glad he has done so so well, especially the lumps and bumps going, I know they were worrying you. All we need now are piccies :love: :love: :love:

And to think Alison and I doubted he would even make it as far as you!

It truly is amazing, I can still picture him gasping for breathe that night in January completely collapsed on my lap. How he pulled himself through that I shall never know.

the lumps and bumps were obviously related to a years worth of injections. They have been finished a few months now and have gradually disappeared over the past few weeks :)

ETA hopefully there will be some great piccys soon. Eventually got my birthday present, a 12megapixel camera ;)

That's brilliant about Eddie. I took on four of his cashie relatives (i.e Starlight's rescued them all from that breeder who was chucking them out).
They are among the most rewarding buns I've had - all of them PERSONALITY PLUS:D. Two of the 'three fluffs' are brilliant and very bold house rabbits. I found a girlfriend for the thrid fluff (who was fighting with his brothers and also a boyfriend for the 'orange doe' and so far it is 'happy ever after'.:love:

That's brilliant about Eddie. I took on four of his cashie relatives (i.e Starlight's rescued them all from that breeder who was chucking them out).
They are among the most rewarding buns I've had - all of them PERSONALITY PLUS:D. Two of the 'three fluffs' are brilliant and very bold house rabbits. I found a girlfriend for the thrid fluff (who was fighting with his brothers and also a boyfriend for the 'orange doe' and so far it is 'happy ever after'.:love:

Aww I remember the boys :love::love: We need pics from you too :D :D

Thats fantastic :wave: I shall tell Eddie he also has relatives that are doing great :love:

Just in case anyone is worried, Eddie has demanded that he keeps the poorly bunny bed just incase he has a relapse or Elwood still gets the odd twinge. And of course what Eddie wants, Eddie gets :love::lol::lol:

Oh hooray! So nice to hear some good news Liz :D You've done such an amazing job with Eddie, he is clearly a very relaxed, happy, well looked after and well loved chap :) And spoilt rotten enough to keep his snuggly bed :lol:

I remember the look on Simone's face when I first took him to the vets, and when he was so poorly we weren't sure if he was going to make it to the next day, let alone the next year. I'm so pleased he's not only doing brilliantly, but having an opportunity to thrive without any treatment for now :D

Please give the little lad a big snog from his Auntie Alison xx

*cough*photosplease*cough*

*cough*andyoubunnylover177*cough*

Hey, sorry, I've never got my head round doing pictures on this thing. The three fluffs look like, well, the fluffiest and whitest fluffy things I've ever seen. I took to giving them treats recently so now any time I sit in one particular seat I have lots of fluffy buns humping on top of me who will not give me any peace til they've had their share! They are just the best!:love::love:

Back