• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

comfrey at vet . . worry .. UD vibes for DAMSON now please! post 15

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
We have been trying to put off Comfrey having another dental just because i HATE taking them in - I worry so much. So the best laid plans all went awry today - he started to paw at his cheek and drop his food halfway through eating it and had to go in straight away.

Of course its half term so my usual vet surgeon is not in and another will do it (I do know them well though and they are still good - just not as good as the other who is AMAZING), add to that the fact that my car is in the garage being mended today since someone drove into it - so had to get a taxi; and my partner is working in Worthing this week so when Comfrey gets back there's just me to lug huge heavy indoor dog cages up and down the stairs to put him in while he recovers; and I am in london all day tomorrow (filming so no getting out of it) - so I know I will worry again if he has not eaten that much by the time I have to leave.

AND I have tons of work to get through but am just sitting here fretting . . .fret. . fret . . fret.

Vibes for Comfrey and me please!!

Last edited:
I know how you feel:oops: I am sure Comfrey will be fine and there is no point in telling you to calm down as you will worry anyway.:lol: I am exactly the same:lol:

Good luck to you both.

Vibes for you & Comfrey :wave: It's such a worry when they need dentals - I'm a wreck when Phoebe An goes in for one. I'm sure Comfrey will be fine, and as for you, make yourself a cup of tea/coffee and chill for 5 minutes! :D

Everything crossed for Comfrey, & a rapid return to eating.

Thumper is a "bit wimpy" with his teeth in comparison to most rabbits. He always gets analgesia for 2 days afterwards to get him eating quickly.
Once daily metacam provides good analgesia for 18 hours with him.

Also hoping that your car is easy to mend & not too expensive!

Oh, poor Comfrey & poor you!:wave: Munching vibes for Comfrey!

On a more practical note, could you put him in a dog crate downstairs to save you struggling with it? And is there anyone nearby (or a friendly vet nurse) who could pop in tomorrow to check on him & put your mind at rest?

I know the sitting fretting feeling whilst work mounts up :(

Lots of vibes for Comfrey :) I hope it all goes well. I'm certain he'll be just fine. :):wave:

Hope he's ok.

I am a complete mess when my bun had a denral and her spay. There's no way i could go into work at sit there worrying:oops:

Thanks everyone - sorry not to update sooner!

Comfrey sailed through the dental and was awake and eating just a few hours later!

However when I got back from dropping him off I discovered Damson had stopped eating for some reason - so had to get back to vet again with Damson - now have 8 buns inside tonight!! and 2 lonely girlies outside wondering where their partners are!

Damson's not eating is a mystery - but he did same about 2 months ago - we suspect maybe he throws himself around rather to enthusiastically for a 9 year old and twists or hurts something - and then is in pain and stops eating.

juggling syringes of metacam right now and deep in hay!! every bedroom in the house if full of buns!

a house full of buns great fun with all the hay :lol:

vibes for damson

I've a feeling that the buns are OK but parsnip bun has quite severe hay allergy. It appears that we'll have to consider an extension to the house for the humans! :shock:

I so hope that Damson starts eating again very soon.

I've a feeling that the buns are OK but parsnip bun has quite severe hay allergy. It appears that we'll have to consider an extension to the house for the humans! :shock:

I so hope that Damson starts eating again very soon.

Well remembered! So far tonight I have taken Loratadine allergy tablets (tut tut very bad for my liver!), becotide inhaler, salbutomal inhaler and Beconase nasal spray - would sleep in the studio (heated outdoor sort of summerhouse/garden room extension) but Comfrey is already in there with . . . . hay!!!! Might be forced to retreat to living room sofa again . . as no poo trays in there as Teasal keeps his in the adjoining dining room.

Oh Lordy :?

I really hope everyBun is eating OK this morning

Morse says would you like some of his Milk Thistle as you have had to take some Loratidine :)

Back