• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is Honey? Help needed please!

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I'm getting Phoebe An & Honey Bee insured but I don't have a clue what breed Honey is. On the phone to petplan, I described as a 'kind of big lop' and they have put her down as an netherland dwarf lop but I've since read that they shouldn't weigh as much as her and she is definately not overweight. At the minute she weighs just under 3kg and is still a bit scrawny so I'm guessing her ideal weight to be around 3kg or slightly over. She is quite largely built with big paws :) If anyone has any idea what breed she is then please share your thoughts!

Thank you :wave:

Photo-00152.jpg
Photo-00192.jpg
Photo-00232.jpg
Photo-00262-Copy.jpg

She is also quite long, this is her lying on my chest :love:

Photo-0166-Copy.jpg

She's probably a cross breed. Dwarf lops are Medium buns but normally are around 2-2.5kg so maybe she has a bit of something else mixed in. Her weight is about that of a German Lop but I don't think her face is round enough. She's gorgeous anyway.

Last edited:
yeah dwarf lop cross,if she is a cross the insurance is cheaper;) just to add i would ring them back and say she isnt a netherland as if you take her to the vets and they put on the form she is a dwarf say then the insurance may not pay up.We had alot of problems with the same sort of problem

I would be thinking dwarf lop shape, german lop size. So could be an overgrown dwarf lop, could be a cross breed, could be an unshowable german lop. Or something else entirely different.

I would be thinking dwarf lop shape, german lop size. So could be an overgrown dwarf lop, could be a cross breed, could be an unshowable german lop. Or something else entirely different.

I'll tell that to petplan and see what they say :lol:

Too bit for a mini, probably a bit too small for a german, so yes I'd say dwarf too :) Black harlequin marked.

Back