• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking buns to the vet

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
God I hate having to do it. Hate having to get them into the carriers. I can only equate it with taking a frightened kid to the dentist or something.

They have to have their jabs this afternoon, though. :(

I hate it too hun, luckily I am only a couple of minutes away in the car because its the car ride they hate most x

I feel really nervous about it today. Lord knows why because I've been back and forth to the vet for the last two weeks for various things with the dog, guineas and one of the buns.

Thats probably why you are nervous, you are so used to going under bad circumstances it must feel strange going for routine vacs.

Awww bless :love: If he is anything like mine he will be sulking a while :shock: Scarlett can drag it out for days :roll: :lol: x

Awww bless little Wesley :love: I'm sure he won't sulk for long, he's too much of a sweetie isn't he :) :love: How's he doing? Please give him a big snog from Auntie Alison.

Can't you take them for short rides so they get used to it?
Our buns aren't bothered about car rides at all, they're just so used to it :lol:

I'm not sure they'd forgive me for giving them too many rides! Ruby is cool with anything - but Wesley is a little wimp! lol

Hi Alison! He sends big snogs! He's never been too keen on being picked up and something really freaked him last week. I'm wondering if it was fireworks? He just sat still, not eating, not doing anything. Took him up to the vet then, after, I brought him inside for a bit. Sat him on the sofa on a towel with some food and he suddenly perked up. Lay sprawled out on his tummy, scoffing the grub, pellets shooting out by the thousand and him looking like, 'hey, I like this'!

:lol:

You could try to reduce "carrier fear" by letting them play with it at other times - we put the carriers in their runs for them to play in/on so they don't associate them with unpleasant experiences! Their favourite game for a while was 'carrier tipping':roll:

Glad Wesley has coped even if he's now sulking!

Back