• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tegan update/ UD 3/11

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I know a lot of people on the forum sponsor Tegan so thought I would post a little update of her.

Tegan became very depressed after we lost Freddy so we moved her downstairs so she would get more company and she has really come out of her shell :love: Thats the good news

The bad news is that Tegan is drinking and weeing far too much, she is also permanently hungry. She will be having blood tests for liver and kidney function early next week. Would have been today if the machine at the vets hadn't been broken.

On top of that her disability is becoming more profound. 3 of her legs are now affected yet she still gets around remarkably well. What was her good back leg has now gone completely under her body and turned a 90 degree angle so it sticks out the otherside. Also one of her front legs has lost all its muscle and is now like a flipper that can bear no weight. How she gets around is a miracle but she can certainly get around at speed. The vet was really shocked at her deterioration and the extent of her muscle wastage, but doesn't feel she is in anay pain. I know one day in the not to distant future we will wake up to find that she cannot move at all, but until then she is really enjoying life.

We now have to wait to find out if she has internal problems too :( She is only just over a year old.

Last edited:
Poor Tegan. On the plus side, a few months with you is more fun and bunny spoiling than most buns get in a whole lifetime so don't be sad :wave:

Thank you, we have had since she was a baby so we know she has had a good life and when her time comes at least she will be reunited with her beloved Freddy :love: We just don't want her to struggle to much in the time she has left :(

Thank you, we have had since she was a baby so we know she has had a good life and when her time comes at least she will be reunited with her beloved Freddy :love: We just don't want her to struggle to much in the time she has left :(

How can she struggle when she has you looking out for her. You will know when her time has come like all of your other buns in the past. You care so much so you know instinctively. At least she knows she is loved and has everything a rabbit could wish for :wave:

Oh Liz Poor Tegan :cry: She is such a lovely little girl, i hope she can continue to do well even with all her problems xx

Tegan has had her blood results back and her kidneys and liver appear to be OK, we are going to start panacur to be on the safe side but besides that there is little more we can do.

Given her severe disabilities I guess there is a good chance she has some deformities inside her too. But as long as she is happy we will keep her comfortable and hope she stilll has plenty of quality time left :)

Back