• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BRC membership?

mollydolly

New Kit
Hello Im new to this site, can anyone tell exsactly what comes with being a brc member ? i breed continental giants and want to join brc but not shore what comes with that ?
Thanks Lisa:wave:

Hello Im new to this site, can anyone tell exsactly what comes with being a brc member ? i breed continental giants and want to join brc but not shore what comes with that ?

Unless your conti's are rung with a BRC ring, and you plan on showing them then the BRC will have no benefit to you at all.

EDIT: I wonder how long it will take for this to become another breeder row :roll::lol:

Last edited:
The BRC only really enables you to buy rings and show your rabbits.

Unless your rabbits are bred to a breed specific standard, and are rung then you can't show them.

Trifle!!

BRC membership doesnt really do anything or prove anything but some people (people who buy from breeders... not many on this site though, we kinda support RESCUE buns....) feel more confident buying from a BRC registered breeder. I think its a waste of money though, your paying a subscription for nothing.... (unless you intend to show...but thats another kettle of fish)

I wouldnt shout out that youre a breeder too much on this forum though... just a warning.... it can get pretty fiesty!

Trifle!!

BRC membership doesnt really do anything or prove anything but some people (people who buy from breeders... not many on this site though, we kinda support RESCUE buns....) feel more confident buying from a BRC registered breeder. I think its a waste of money though, your paying a subscription for nothing.... (unless you intend to show...but thats another kettle of fish)

I wouldnt shout out that youre a breeder too much on this forum though... just a warning.... it can get pretty fiesty!

I'd feel more comfortable buying from a BRC registered breeder, but only if the rabbit had a ring on. This way the rabbit can easily be traced back to the breeder, and the breeder can be reported or contacted more easily.

I once joined the BRC when I was young, under the best of friends membership. I got a badge, a certificate and that was it :shock:

Last edited:
I'm planning on joining again, but only because some other poor sod called Demi smith keeps getting contacted RE rabbit jumping :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

perhaps we should have 2 Demi Smiths jumping their rabbits!

Deb

They are upgrading and changing. I have noticed that the attitudes to caring for rabbits have changed drastically over the past couple of years.
Suggest you contact them to find out. They share useful bunny info, there are various clubs attached to them, and ideally you do need to be a member to show your bunnies, but I'm not too sure - and I usually go to their main shows.

Deb

BRC does not mean they are bred any better than anyone else.We got a bun form a BRC member and her set up was so bad we reported her!! save the poor buns from a show life and let them be buns!!:D

I joined the BRC when i first got into rabbits as i wanted the magazine:)It,s called "Fur and Feather" and then it was the only rabbit mag you could get:cry:they used to have some really informative health articles too which i found interesting as the vets at the time were useless with rabbits (one told me that people did not take sick rabbits to vets they just let them die and bought another one:shock:)
I don,t know what it s like now as that was ages ago:?

Ronnie (my conti) was from a breeder. She wanted rid of him as he was 19 weeks old and was apparently too old to sell?

Where are you based? Can we see some pics of your bunnies? :love:

I joined the BRC when i first got into rabbits as i wanted the magazine:)It,s called "Fur and Feather" and then it was the only rabbit mag you could get:cry:they used to have some really informative health articles too which i found interesting as the vets at the time were useless with rabbits (one told me that people did not take sick rabbits to vets they just let them die and bought another one:shock:)
I don,t know what it s like now as that was ages ago:?

Now days you have to pay for the BRC membership and F&F seperately. And it's certainly not cheap :shock:

really:shock:well i used to love that mag:love:i still have a pile of old ones stashed in my wardrobe:oops:If it hadn't been for the health pages i would have lost some of my bunnies to ME which was going round at the time and vets just were clueless how to treat it:?armed with my special issue of f & F which had masses of info on this illness the vet was able to save my buns so i will be foreever grateful to them for that:)

:oops:Ok so as i said iam new to this site. And have rescue buns! .. I was only asking as i get the fur and feather mags as i think the info is great

And wanted to know what it means joining the BRC... newsletters fur and feathermags ...ect .....

Back