• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If lino is safe in rabbit hutches, is vinyl?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I couldn't find lino in the pound shop, so got vinyl instead.

Please tell me it's safe, I've allready covered one hutch floor :shock:

Last edited:
It's not the chewing I'm worried about, but I never hear vinyl mentioned, always lino. I was just worried there may be some kind of chemicals in it.

I don't think they even really make Lino, or Linoleum as its really called (spelling could be wrong!). It was replaced long ago by Cushioned Vinyl Flooring but oldies like me still call it Lino! I imagine that neither would be any good if eaten but I certainly use ordinary Vinyl offcuts in my hutches, no edges can be got at though so no chewing!

Oooh I'm sorry wouldn't know - I would agree that either would be harmful if eaten I would imagine if its cleaned to remove any residue chemical with warm soapy water and dried then covered with hay it should be OK - unless they are real chewers, I haven't had chewers because I provide tasty alternatives ( touches wood) :lol::wave:

Oooh I'm sorry wouldn't know - I would agree that either would be harmful if eaten I would imagine if its cleaned to remove any residue chemical with warm soapy water and dried then covered with hay it should be OK - unless they are real chewers, I haven't had chewers because I provide tasty alternatives ( touches wood) :lol::wave:

Some rabbits chew even with the alternatives! :lol: You'll find out some day I'm sure!

The range (not sure if you can to one of those) do a really good size corner litter tray for £6.00 ( is that good )?

Thanks Jaysmonkey :lol: As long as it doesn't cause the bunny any harm couldn't really care less - not a bit materialistic like that - just as long as it doesn't hurt them :love:

The range (not sure if you can to one of those) do a really good size corner litter tray for £6.00 ( is that good )?

I do live near one, but I don't go much and I don't fancy spending £24 on some bunny toilets :lol: How big are they roughly? The smaller the better really, I like to give them lots of free range space and I need a straw box in their too :lol:

Would cat ones not fit? been speaking to my mum and she just got lots of oblong ones for me from PoundStretcher for £1.50.( They also sell the ceramic water bowls and food bowls that say 'rabbit' on them for £1.49 and they're identical to the p@H ones!)

The smallest rabbit litter tray is typically £5.00 but small isn't the best size :roll:. sorry I can't help much!

Would cat ones not fit? been speaking to my mum and she just got lots of oblong ones for me from PoundStretcher for £1.50.( They also sell the ceramic water bowls and food bowls that say 'rabbit' on them for £1.49 and they're identical to the p@H ones!)

The smallest rabbit litter tray is typically £5.00 but small isn't the best size :roll:. sorry I can't help much!

They have to be the triangle ones, sorry. They fit in all the dodgy places, take up less room and have a really high back :lol:

:wave: I would say approx 16 inches at the front narrowing at the back to 4/5 inches they are bigger than the PAH ones - I bought a pink one and its much smaller - don't use it anymore can send it to you if you want it - was gonna give it to the local RSPCA with a rat cage I don't use anymore.

:wave: I would say approx 16 inches at the front narrowing at the back to 4/5 inches they are bigger than the PAH ones - I bought a pink one and its much smaller - don't use it anymore can send it to you if you want it - was gonna give it to the local RSPCA with a rat cage I don't use anymore.

The bedroom bit has a tiny door, I'm not sure it would fit :(
And thanks for the offer, but my grandma has offered to buy me some for christmas, along with two bins and a dustpan and brush :D :lol: She must think I'm mad

No worries, I am sure you Gran doesn't think your mad! Probably best to have a little look on a google search and compare prices / sizes etc - Christmas ....not long now :lol:

No worries, I am sure you Gran doesn't think your mad! Probably best to have a little look on a google search and compare prices / sizes etc - Christmas ....not long now :lol:

Everyone thinks I'm mad :D :lol:
She loves garden centres, and I remember getting a cheap corner tray from one years ago. Don't know what happened to it though, it just dissapeared one day :shock:

Back