• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which disinfectant do you use?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
As title really, i do not like using bleach so wondered what products everyone else is using to clean hutches etc?

NewGenn High Level Disinfectant Concentrate
Antimicrobial & Cleansing (Diluted to 1% in clean water)
Bought it at Cruft's Dog Show!! :D

Its diffucult isn't it because you want to kill all the nasties but theres the environmental issue too. I do use diluted Milton or similar sometimes but also use hot water and Wrights Coal Tar Soap - old fashioned but I read somewhere that Coal Tar is a good "nastie" killer! Not much withstands very hot water but don't try it on your nylon bristled dustpan brush - I melted mine!

I use Johnsons/Beaephar and Milton - but, always rinse down after with warm water and then let it dry in case of any residue-even milton:wave:

Mmm, I've always just used vinegar for the litter trays and the plastic base in the dog crate, and all their bowls just get washed with ours. Should I be disinfecting things? I've never used anything other than white vinegar every few weeks.

:wave: No I don't think so - white vinegar is a disenfectant-hadn't thought of that - good idea I think - probably cheaper and less chemically based - do you rinse down aswell and then let it dry after?

Back