• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching aviary panels to a shed that isnt 6ft tall

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
My shed isnt 6ft tall but the avary panels im getting are and because of the over hang of the roof on the shed the panels are not going to sit flush :?

Yes like this
000_1221.jpg

Thats the problem we had when we were looking for aviary panels, dad ended up making them himself so theyre the exact height, though it did cost us more. Could you not just fix them up, but then add a mesh panel so theres no gap? If you get what i mean?

Two options:

Put batons down the side of the shed to line up with the panels then fill in the gap between the batons and the panels with mesh or ply. At the top put a horizontal baton across between the aviary panels and again fill in the gap.

Or, cut the corner off the panels where they hit the over hang. If you reverse the two bits of wood you cut through and reattach they'll support the mesh at the corner. There may be a small gap along the top edge, if so just add a baton.

In both cases you'll want a very small gap so water running off the shed roof doesn't sit on the edge on the aviary and rot it. It only needs to be millimetres though.

My aviary panels are 5' high but my playhouse is slightly taller so we've tied twine across the width several times and covered with garden mesh! The cats etc haven't got onto it cos they know they'd get stuck!

My aviary panels are 5' high but my playhouse is slightly taller so we've tied twine across the width several times and covered with garden mesh! The cats etc haven't got onto it cos they know they'd get stuck!

Id be scared a fox could chew through it, never mind the cats!

Back