• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really nervous!! - Bonding Stalemate Post 50 - advice needed!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
about the bonding of Jose and Rainbow tomorrow!! :shock:

Its all gonna go wrong, i can just see it!!

Any good luck vibes and advice appreciated!!! :)

Last edited:
Good luck!! Just keep away anything they can fight over to begin with... beds, toys, food, litter boxes.... you know... :)

Let me know how it goes, am so nervous about when I bond Rimmi and Winter!! xxx

Well we've got him and he's adorable - a big ball of fluff :D

We put them both together for about 40mins and there was some bum chasing (very funny to watch them chase each others bums round round in a circle :lol: ) , some sniffing, some fur pulling (by Jose), and Jose kept trying to hump Rainbow (mainly his head!!).

To be honest, i think it went ok :D Rainbow mainly just sat in the corner while Jose sniffed and explored everything :roll:

We've separated them now, Jose's back in her room and Rainbow's out in the living room - altho he's currently just sitting in his litter tray.

He's just scrummy! He's already licked me! :love: His fur goes everywhere when you stroke him tho, and it's all over our black settee :roll::lol:

We're still undecided about whether to keep his name as Rainbow or not??? we were thinking of Harvey, like Harvey "2 face" Dent out of Batman, cos Rainbows got a half and half face :lol:

I'll "date them" again later on and see what happens. I'll keep them separated tonight but so that they're homes are a couple of inches apart so that they can still sniff each other, but so that they cant hurt each other

Well we've got him and he's adorable - a big ball of fluff :D

We put them both together for about 40mins and there was some bum chasing (very funny to watch them chase each others bums round round in a circle :lol: ) , some sniffing, some fur pulling (by Jose), and Jose kept trying to hump Rainbow (mainly his head!!).

To be honest, i think it went ok :D Rainbow mainly just sat in the corner while Jose sniffed and explored everything :roll:

We've separated them now, Jose's back in her room and Rainbow's out in the living room - altho he's currently just sitting in his litter tray.

He's just scrummy! He's already licked me! :love: His fur goes everywhere when you stroke him tho, and it's all over our black settee :roll::lol:

We're still undecided about whether to keep his name as Rainbow or not??? we were thinking of Harvey, like Harvey "2 face" Dent out of Batman, cos Rainbows got a half and half face :lol:

I'll "date them" again later on and see what happens. I'll keep them separated tonight but so that they're homes are a couple of inches apart so that they can still sniff each other, but so that they cant hurt each other

Brilliant. Can you post some piccies of him? :wave:

Isnt he just gorgeous?! :love: Hes such a sweet little bun! Lets hope Jose doesnt teach him all the bad stuff she does :lol: Otherwise you'll have 2 little terrors!

Lauren, he was at the rehoming day at First for Pets? Dya remember? He was the little innocent bunny :love:

Sending lots of good luck vibes for the bonding, ive just sent you an extra long PM :lol: xXx

Was Rainbow one of the ones dumped on your doorstep? That seems ages ago.

I love harlequins (Just had a look at Rainbow on the RSPCA website :love::love:)

Yep he was :cry: hes been in care 11 months i believe :( he was dumped on my doorstep last september :( Hes certainly landed on all four paws with Sarah :) xXx

Yep he was :cry: hes been in care 11 months i believe :( he was dumped on my doorstep last september :( Hes certainly landed on all four paws with Sarah :) xXx

Aww shucks :oops:

He's had a wander around the living room and is now back sitting in the green plastic tunnel :roll:

Ah yes I remember now seeing him on the website!

I keep looking at Pippin, she would match so well with Louie!

Back