• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brian doesn't seem to be growing!

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Heya,

Well this is odd, and well it could be me being paranoid. But Brian will be 6 months old shortly, he hasn't changed in size really since we got him when he was 9weeks. The only thing that has altered slightly is his face shape; it's become more elongated. Jemimah is now slightly bigger than him and she's a full Lionhead.

Sadly, yes I did get him from P@H but I don't regret getting him, he's one of a kind, so he is most probably a lop cross. I was under the impression he was dwarf lop so would eventually be Maximus size.

He's been to the vets recently, due to his castration and mouth injury from the castration check up, and the vet doesn't believe he'll get much better, but he is a perfectly healthy little terror.

I also know he may well be having a late growth spurt. I don't mind if he grows or not, I'm just wondering. Do you think maybe he has a dwarf gene, or he's just a late developer?

Cheers,

Stef!:rabbit2:

Not heard of it before... I guess as long as he's not thin it must just be genetic... Maybe he'll have a growth spurt...I thought they weren't fully grown til about 1 , but I may be wrong...:?

Yeah I think they are usually fully grown around 9months-12months, but as i assumed he was dwarf lop i was informed this was 9months, he's two thirds of the way there and no where near the size I'd expect. I've never experienced it with my other buns :?.

Max was 9 months when I got him and is a full dwarf lop, Lola I had from 9 weeks, but she was my only bun at the time. Lenny I got at the same time as Brian, and he's double Brian's size (they're the same age)..though Lenny is a 'designer bunny' apparently. Jemimah(lionhead) was my latest addition and she's only 4.5months but is now bigger than Brian :shock:. Hmm, well if he stays ickle then him and Jemimah can be treat-size buns together when I bond them! :lol:

Sorry can't really help, all mine have been adults when I adopted them apart from Parsley he was about 3 months old and he's huge now:D

Have you any photos:D

Alfie and Bobbi are still extrememly small, may be due to the fact that their mother Eva is a very sickly bun + the fact I adopted from P@H.

SJ can confirm just how ikkle they are :(

It makes me so sad and feel I am doing something wrong, I know their lives started badly though and I'm just giving them plenty of time. I'm just hoping they will be big enough to neuter soon... Bobbi is a girl and Alfie is meant to be a boy but still has no balls at almost 5 months old :shock:

I have photos of just Brian and one of Brian next to Lola but thats on my phone and I have no idea how to transfer that to the computer (phone doesn't come with a cable). Really you'll need to see him against the other monsters. But for now here he is at his finest.

At about 11 weeks here.
SDC10389.jpg

And now most recent picture I could get when my camera was charged!
SDC10619.jpg

Oh found this one too from when we first got Mimah, He's locked in because at this time he wasn't neutered and nor was/is she (Mimah escaped into this room:shock:). It's not always like this don't worry!:oops: As you can see she was a bit smaller than him at first, but I can now verify that she's now bigger!

SDC10818.jpg

SDC10819.jpg

Alfie and Bobbi are still extrememly small, may be due to the fact that their mother Eva is a very sickly bun + the fact I adopted from P@H.

SJ can confirm just how ikkle they are :(

It makes me so sad and feel I am doing something wrong, I know their lives started badly though and I'm just giving them plenty of time. I'm just hoping they will be big enough to neuter soon... Bobbi is a girl and Alfie is meant to be a boy but still has no balls at almost 5 months old :shock:

I thought Brian had none, but he was hiding them every time i looked! :lol:

I have photos of just Brian and one of Brian next to Lola but thats on my phone and I have no idea how to transfer that to the computer (phone doesn't come with a cable). Really you'll need to see him against the other monsters. But for now here he is at his finest.

At about 11 weeks here.
SDC10389.jpg

And now most recent picture I could get when my camera was charged!
SDC10619.jpg

Oh found this one too from when we first got Mimah, He's locked in because at this time he wasn't neutered and nor was/is she (Mimah escaped into this room:shock:). It's not always like this don't worry!:oops: As you can see she was a bit smaller than him at first, but I can now verify that she's now bigger!

SDC10818.jpg

SDC10819.jpg

Gorgeous bunsters:love:

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that spaying/neutering animals stunts their growth.

Teddy can vouch that neutering doesn't stunt it...he's one of the Larger Frenchie's in his family and was neutered at 12 weeks (I had read the same before though!)

Poor little Brian! He just wants to be pint-sized so you take him everywhere! Don't worry about it. You don't know his lineage so you're not to know who big he'll be. He is stunning!!! As is Mimmah! 1.8kg is mini-lop size, so he's not overly small!

Teddy can vouch that neutering doesn't stunt it...he's one of the Larger Frenchie's in his family and was neutered at 12 weeks (I had read the same before though!)

Poor little Brian! He just wants to be pint-sized so you take him everywhere! Don't worry about it. You don't know his lineage so you're not to know who big he'll be. He is stunning!!! As is Mimmah! 1.8kg is mini-lop size, so he's not overly small!

Heh thank-you! :love::love:

And very true Teddy certainly doesn't appear to be small! :lol::love:
I just can't see mini-lop in him but for his size! :oops:

Back