• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit toys

babbit

Young Bun
what are the best things to put in the hutch for rabbits to play with and for company
safe only :shock:

mine loves willow balls and toilet roll tubes treat balls cat stuffed toys, loofa balls (dont think these are available anymore tho) baby rattles anything noisey :lol:

toilet rolls are fab.
My two love the willow balls, however they dont last that long especially with my bridge bun mops - she would demolish it in an under and hour :lol:
Ive recently bought them like a rabbit loafer thing which looks quite good. Il tell you if they like it or not later :lol:

Mine have never bothered with toilet rolls:?

Jingle balls, willow toys, cardboard boxes and chewing my flaming hutch are my buns favourite things

Be careful giving your buns teddies as they might eat them! Wooden and other 'natural' toys are lovely - try The Hay Experts. Plastic wobbly toys with a bell can be fun too.

Oh yeah should have added that, this is Max, it was taken a while ago mind, but I can't really seperate him from his pink bunny. :shock: The teddies I give to my buns are usually dog toys, so safe.

Help, my rabbits are bored.

Hello, my name is Rebecca, i have 5 rabbits, a cat, a dog, and a tortoise.
My rabbits:
Cola: French Lop, doe, 4yrs..
Pipkin: Rex, buck, 3 1/2 yrs.
Snowy: French lop 1/2 and 1/2 rex.
Daisy: French lop 1/2 and 1/2 rex. - R.I.P
Cheeky Charlie: 1/4 rex and 3/4 french lop.
Sugar: 1/4 rex and 3/4 french lop.
MY RABBITS ARE BORED.
They do normally have regular exercise,apart from winter as school and it gets dark early, but they still go out for a while.
DO NOT GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER. (apart from cola and daisy, they were great company for each other, but she is not among us anymore R.I.P Daisy - a beautiful rabbit.
They have empty toilet rolls stuffed with hay, rabbit treats - choc and fruits (rabbit type) and scrunched and shredded news paper, a tree branch with leaves, and each other to speak and look at, but i still think they are bored, and they keep eating the hutch to pieces, especially snowy, he has bit the mesh wire off, and split the wood, i have to wait until xmas to get his new hutch, for the moment we have out wood across the hutch and tied strond string around (this was our 3rd attempt to keep him in) but hopefully this keeps him in, luckily they are in a shed, with covers,as we do this every year when they winter months come, but is there anything else i can do?
i have also bought plastic balls and stuff for them, but they never use them, what else can i do?
especially when im at school and during the night.
HELP PLEASE.
i am only 13, so i cannot afford big rabbit mazes and things like that, empty toilet roll and stuff like that but toilet things dont work.
please help.
thank you...x :O
P.S: In winter it is a good idea to move rabbits indoors or in a shed, with still covers, and boil water for them, make sure it has cooled before you put it straight into the bottle, as it will melt the bottle - it will then be broken and cost you money for a new one, also you will burn the poor rabbits mouth.

Last edited:
My rabbits.

These are my rabbits:

Cola:
CKEq-10p-1_CI75lvOZl3.gif

Daisy:
CKEq-10q-3_8Kd19yXg2O.gif

Snowy:
CKEq-10r-1_E5nxt1ooaT.jpg

Pipkin:
CKEq-10s-1_BmyVnOPzX8.gif

Cheeky charlie:
CKEq-10t-1_QLEHx7P4xR.gif

Sugar:
CKEq-10u-1_zTRAJKEMWo.gif

Hope you love them as much as me...x

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Rebecca, i have 5 rabbits, a cat, a dog, and a tortoise.
My rabbits:
Cola: French Lop, doe, 4yrs..
Pipkin: Rex, buck, 3 1/2 yrs.
Snowy: French lop 1/2 and 1/2 rex.
Daisy: French lop 1/2 and 1/2 rex. - R.I.P
Cheeky Charlie: 1/4 rex and 3/4 french lop.
Sugar: 1/4 rex and 3/4 french lop.
MY RABBITS ARE BORED.
They do normally have regular exercise,apart from winter as school and it gets dark early, but they still go out for a while.
DO NOT GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER. (apart from cola and daisy, they were great company for each other, but she is not among us anymore R.I.P Daisy - a beautiful rabbit.
They have empty toilet rolls stuffed with hay, rabbit treats - choc and fruits (rabbit type) and scrunched and shredded news paper, a tree branch with leaves, and each other to speak and look at, but i still think they are bored, and they keep eating the hutch to pieces, especially snowy, he has bit the mesh wire off, and split the wood, i have to wait until xmas to get his new hutch, for the moment we have out wood across the hutch and tied strond string around (this was our 3rd attempt to keep him in) but hopefully this keeps him in, luckily they are in a shed, with covers,as we do this every year when they winter months come, but is there anything else i can do?
i have also bought plastic balls and stuff for them, but they never use them, what else can i do?
especially when im at school and during the night.
HELP PLEASE.
i am only 13, so i cannot afford big rabbit mazes and things like that, empty toilet roll and stuff like that but toilet things dont work.
please help.
thank you...x :O
P.S: In winter it is a good idea to move rabbits indoors or in a shed, with still covers, and boil water for them, make sure it has cooled before you put it straight into the bottle, as it will melt the bottle - it will then be broken and cost you money for a new one, also you will burn the poor rabbits mouth.

I wouldn't give your bunnies chocolate treats as they are not good for them as they are full of sugar which will just make your bunnies overweight and then they won't be able to groom themselves.

How do you know that your bunnies are bored? they seem to have lots to play with, what about some wood toys or wicker basket's which they love to nibble at, my bunnies have all sorts of things, but they don't always play with them. Cardboard boxes with holes cut into them so the bunny can go inside, the more boxes the merrier bunnies love boxes and they don't cost anything and can be replaced when they get tatty.

Here are some ideas ( click on the link below )

http://www.petplace.com/small-mammals/homemade-toys-your-rabbit-will-love/page1.aspx

Are your bunnies neutered? If not, this could be part of your problem. Have a look at some of the other threads on here - most of us find that bunnies are much calmer after neutering & more likely to be able to be bonded with another bun for company.

Good luck:)

Hi Rebecca! :wave:

It's odd that your buns don't get along, unless they are still unneutered. Buns usually love each others company! Have they been 'done'?

ok, thank you, that helped :)
and no, they are not real choc buttons, you know the rabbit treats you get from asda? and i only give them one or 2 a day and i also have fruity treats for them today theyhad 1 choc button, 1 fruit treat, a carrot and there dry food mix, plus their hay. :) THEY MUNCHED IT UP :) :D
No, they haven't been done, i dont want to get them done, they have passed a ceratin age that is to 'risky', but the girls go over to them and lie next to them by the hutches, the bucks used to get along, but now they rip each others hair out, and bite, scractch marks - its an awful sight, but the girls, i am trying to bond again now :) Sugar & Cola, they are more calm too, there all pretty calm now, just Cheeky charlie - which, lets face it, its cheeky charlie, i like his persnality - just not his bites :) but hes a real sweetie when he wants to be :)
But, sugar is now settling in better and is more friendlier, and cola is the oldest out of them all, and she prefers to lie down, and munch on grass and things, and im sure SUgar would be great company for her :) hooefully all goes well :) i will introduce them this week, or the weekend, or the weekend after, one of those :) i will never put them in same hutch together though, just incase, better to be safe :)
Snowy, we bought a fruit wood treat thing from asda that taste of a veggie, to keep him busy from chewing his hutch, i always give my rabbits thick twigs to chew on too :) he ate it all until it was splinters! and Sugar - she ate her littertray! :)
I hate winter, and im sure they do too, they dont get as much exercise in the garden as they did in the summer months, but they are still getting exercise, so not too bad for them, and they seem happier now, they are cheery again :)

Last edited:
Back