• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad bunny noises... help!!!

Hi everyone!!
Im quiet new to owning rabbits and im trying to do everything properly!! Ive had tallulah; a 6month old lionhead cross for a few months and decided to get her a companion. I rescued a 2year old bunny called harvey 3days ago and so far the bonding has been going well. On day 1 Tallulah was humping harvey but on day 2 he was settled in and started to hump Tallulah. It took a while but i think she has accepted Harvey will be boss.
I let them in there play area today to bond and everything went superb... no humping, circling, chasing or anything nasty at all. there wasnt any cuddling but tallulah is always like that at playtime - energy bunny lol!!

So heres where the problem is..... i brought both bunnies in to the house tonight to see if they would cuddle and they did (soo cute) When Harvey approaches Tallulah shes started making this sad noise as if shes scared of harvey. her face doesnt look scared and shes more than happy for him to cuddle her. She will walk up to him and groom him or cuddle in but when hes approaching her the noise sounds like shes scared. Kinda like a guinea pig squeek!! its not a screech but like wimpering!!!
I was thinking Harvey might have hurt her yesterday when mounting or else she just really doesnt want to be mounted!!!

please help... i feel so sad for my girl!!!

sorry its so long lol!!!!

I'm sorry I have no advice as I am new to rabbit owning too and have no bonding experience. But I'm sure someone will be along soon who can offer an idea. Good luck.:wave:

thanks bex09... i rally hope so!! I really think she just didnt want to be mounted and im hoping she doesnt make the noise tomorrow... every day is another stepping stone :)

is it just the 1 bunny u have??

That sort of sounds like the hormonal noises bunnies can make, from what you describe.

Is she spayed? Is he neutered? If so, when?

he was neutered over a year ago but tallulah isnt spayed. I intend on getting her done but whent he opportunity came u to rescue poor harvey i had to see how it went.
I was looking on youtube to find a noise that sounded like her to let you all hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-2EalfAyU&feature=related

also have you seen some of the awful videos on youtube of how people treat bunnies... so sad!!

i rad this might be in the wrong folder.... should i move it???

Can't bear to watch that, its horrible. That's not a hormonal sound. I backtrack and agree, that's a sad but also stressed sound. What is her breathing like when she does it, does it go with her breathing?

I wonder if maybe its worth giving them a break, getting her spayed (which will also avoid hormones wrecking the bonding) and starting again when she is fully healed and recovered.

That's made me really sad :( I'm so glad none of mine do that.

i know its horrible!! I think he must have hurt her when mounting n she doesnt want it to happen again!!!

her breathing is normal and so is her facial expression. she even done it once while sprawled out on the bed n she didnt move or anything. I jsut feel like if she was scared of him she wouldnt then snuggle into him 2seconds after making the whimpering noise!!

sooo confused...

Back