• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've fallen in love with an ARC bunny - waiting for a reply.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I wasn't going to get another rabbit... but sometimes you see one and you know you have to take them home. I know ARC only really re-home around London so I've emailed them (twice... :oops:) so see if there is any way it would work. I was hoping they'd email me back by now as it's been two days. I'm impatient.

I'm desperate for him because he also has no front teeth so both him and Grim could have free run of the house all day.

Oooh is that Prince!

I was tempted to re-home him, but as i already have 4 buns, i realised, I couldn't give him as much as he deserves without making everyone else suffer :( I am gutted cuz he is gorgeous, but he deserves the best home possible!!!!

Good luck, let us know what happens!!

I wasn't going to get another rabbit... but sometimes you see one and you know you have to take them home. I know ARC only really re-home around London so I've emailed them (twice... :oops:) so see if there is any way it would work. I was hoping they'd email me back by now as it's been two days. I'm impatient.

I'm desperate for him because he also has no front teeth so both him and Grim could have free run of the house all day.

Hate to put a downer on it hun, but ARC were reluctant to rehome to me and I'm in Hertfordshire, so Norfolk sounds unlikely! :(

:cry:

I could understand it if it was someone in scotland wanting to re-home, but it's only what...a couple of hours drive?

What is the time limit on buns travelling? Is that what the main concern is??

it's the time for them travelling but also for people from ARC to do the home check themselves:

The trustees of ARC decided back in August 2009 that for a number of reasons, the main reason being the fact that most rabbits do not travel well and many get highly stressed by car jouneys that they would no long able to rehome any animals out of our immediate area and they wished to just to keep rehoming local to the South West of London. For this reason whenever we post rabbits on RU Helen and I always place information to inform people that we are only rehoming to the counties immediatly around Twickenham which is where the majority of foster homes for ARC are based, this information is also posted on our website. Of lesser importance is the logical issue of home checks as we have a small team of volunteers who are responsible for this with each one having an allocated area they are responsible for. However we do make the odd exception which Helen and I discuss on an individual basis and consideration needs to be taken to the logistics of whom is available to do the home check, the work load we have at that given time and which rabbits would be appropriate and would not suffer any ill effects of travelling and whether prospective owners are prepared to travel to bring their rabbits to us to enable us to bond the rabbits. The trustees policy is that no rabbits adopted from ARC will go out unless they have been bonded by one of the rehoming team who normally bonds ARC rabbits, this avoids unnecessary injuries and also problems associated with failed bondings and the stress that occurs when this happens and the need to return rabbits that do not bond.

Hi there

We are extremely busy at the moment and are dealing with a high number of enquiries and bondings etc, please remember we are all volunteers and most of us work full time as well so please be patient and one of the team will get back to you shortly.

:wave: Katie

Thanks for that clarification. I totally understand the reasoning behind it. It's just a shame that a bun has to stay in foster care/rescue unless it finds a home near to it's area.

Fingers crossed xxx

Thank you, I completely understand. But if there is ever a toothless bunny looking for a home near Norfolk just shout me. :)

Back