• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rexy is making a snuffy noise

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
i dont think its a cold or anything like that. he is binkying and then he kind of puffs loudly through his nose.......................any ideas to why he is doing it...

Welcome to my world! :wave: I'm going through something similar with my bun at the moment. There are lots of reasons for respiratory noises - is he still eating, drinking ok and seems ok in himself? Does he have a history of dental disease? Is he breathing ok? no dysnopea? nostrils flaring or mouth breathing? sneezing or discharge from his nose?

doesnt seem to be any sign of illness at all. he has just been castrated last week, but thats it. its just like he blows the air out of his nose in a puff so that i can hear it, its a short sharp burst, but only occasionaly, i though maybe he's warning me or something????

doesnt seem to be any sign of illness at all. he has just been castrated last week, but thats it. its just like he blows the air out of his nose in a puff so that i can hear it, its a short sharp burst, but only occasionaly, i though maybe he's warning me or something????

You mean like a 'hummpphh' sound? :? If he's lunging whilst he does it then yes - he's giving you a warning whether it is territorial or just on the offensive if you moved your hand to quickly and he couldn't orientate what it was....

yes thats exactly it, he has just been castrated and i think he is still sore and doesnt appreciate being picked up. little monkey had a nibble of my shoulder today to..:evil::lol:

Back