• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I never see....

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
my bunnies fast asleep.I see them relaxed and chilling..(Mrs Bun mostly ) but not the nethies.
I see the nethies dozing...on all four paws but never splayed out.
why not!!?? **pouts lower lip**
Everyone has gorgous pics of bunnies fast asleep....

I haven't got pictures but I have seen my lot asleep on several occasions. It's really sweet, although Smokey does have a habit of sleeping on her back with her legs in the air when it's hot:lol:!

Are yours indoor or outdoor bunnies? I have never seen Twinkle and Star asleep because they are outdoor bunnies - I see them chilling on their front paws too, eyes half closed but never flopped out properly asleep.

So I was quite surprised when Starbuck and Fay did it yesterday, I had to keep checking they were breathing!!!

Are yours indoor or outdoor bunnies? I have never seen Twinkle and Star asleep because they are outdoor bunnies - I see them chilling on their front paws too, eyes half closed but never flopped out properly asleep.

So I was quite surprised when Starbuck and Fay did it yesterday, I had to keep checking they were breathing!!!

Yes they are outdoor bunnies,but I spend lots of time with them...and always checking them if im indoors.I have them in too (one at a time as they arent bonded yet).
Cant bond Lily with anybun really as shes a snuffle/dental and the boy hasnt had his pockets picked so the doe ive had speyed cant go with him cos he would try to mate her and she wont like it..I digress....
**stamps foot**:lol::lol::lol:

I actually started to wonder if Twinkle and Star ever slept because we had checked them even at 11pm before now and they were still up and chilling. OH feeds them at 6am and although sleepy they are awake then too. But the evidence of them sleeping is the massive rabbit-shaped indents in their straw and hay in their sleeping compartment - sooo cute!

I actually started to wonder if Twinkle and Star ever slept because we had checked them even at 11pm before now and they were still up and chilling. OH feeds them at 6am and although sleepy they are awake then too. But the evidence of them sleeping is the massive rabbit-shaped indents in their straw and hay in their sleeping compartment - sooo cute!

I see the indents!! Just not the actual sleeps!!!!

I never caught my 'outdoor' buns sleeping either, but then again the time when my current two 'sleep' is during the day (vaguely 11am until 3pm) and I'm usually out at work then, so maybe they did sleep I just wasn't ever around to see them :) The only time I catch the indoors asleep is at weekends and when I had outdoor buns, weekends were a time of 12-hour runs in the garden and they never poo-poo'd all day binkying for a snooze ;)

I've seen Timmy sleep, but haven't got any pics. I haven't seen Tilly asleep, but that's probably because she isn't as noticibly asleep as timmy gets.

G + P are 6, and have only starting dozing in front of me these last few months, though I'm yet to see them properly alseep. Could it be something to do with age?

having sleeping bunnies is bad for the heart. your lucky you dont see them sleep. i swear i want to kill Alvin for scaring me when i find out hes asleep and not a cold dead body :shock:

having sleeping bunnies is bad for the heart. your lucky you dont see them sleep. i swear i want to kill Alvin for scaring me when i find out hes asleep and not a cold dead body :shock:

For this point I am grateful.....The pics are enough on here!!!!:lol::lol:
Im so ungrateful, I know!!!!:roll:

For this point I am grateful.....The pics are enough on here!!!!:lol::lol:
Im so ungrateful, I know!!!!:roll:

and because i think hes deaf i have to try and get him to wake up without a scare... i threw a pellet at his head once, he had no idea i was there but saw the pellet ping off his head and then out of the cage.. he went mad trying to get at it. saw me so came over to see if i had any more... funny little ****** he is :lol::lol:

i often wonder what it would be like to have a non lazy bun constantly on the go. we always want more than we get dont we :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

I went out to the shed recently and Ernie was soundo!! His little head was bobbing up and down. He looked like he was dreaming. Then a few moment later he was awake. It was defiantley one of those awwwwwww moments.

and because i think hes deaf i have to try and get him to wake up without a scare... i threw a pellet at his head once, he had no idea i was there but saw the pellet ping off his head and then out of the cage.. he went mad trying to get at it. saw me so came over to see if i had any more... funny little ****** he is :lol::lol:

i often wonder what it would be like to have a non lazy bun constantly on the go. we always want more than we get dont we :oops::oops::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
I can imagine him scrambling up really quickly!!!

I gave Mrs B some raisins yesterday....she chomped her way through 3 in seconds!!
Always ready for a snack or a noserub....

My lot hate it when people come down the garden steps...you can hear them scrabbling..i hate it so Ive fastened the gate shut.
Your fella wouldnt have that problem if you suspect deafness.Bless him!!

I have never seen Smokey or Brown Rabbit(Nethie X's) sleep, ever, and they are house rabbits! I have even tried sneaking in on them to see if I can catch them having a snooze.:oops: They don't even flop out:( Now the lops on the other hand, flop out and and sleep like the dead. It's heart-stoppingly scary sometimes.

I see Charlie asleep, but he lives in my bedroom and I'm in there 80-90% of the time with him. He'd be shattered if he tried to hide it :lol:

Rabbits often sleep with their eyes open. So if they're relaxed, still, and their noses are not twitching, I assume mine are sleeping and go about my business quietly around them! I've only ever seen one of mine sleeping with his eyes closed after he and I had been up all night with him in stasis. He was exhausted and slept flopped on his back the next day.

my bunnies fast asleep.I see them relaxed and chilling..(Mrs Bun mostly ) but not the nethies.
I see the nethies dozing...on all four paws but never splayed out.
why not!!?? **pouts lower lip**
Everyone has gorgous pics of bunnies fast asleep....

Me too, ME TOO! I hate how everyone else has cutey pics and I don't. I've often wondered if Beau sleeps with his eyes open, cos I never ever see his eyes closed. He does do this really cute thing when he flops though, he sucks his paw like a baby :love:

SDC10978.jpg

I know she has her eyes open, but when she's laid like this not moving with her eyes open it scares me more than when she has them closed! :lol::(

(She's not closed in the cage/pen!)

Back