• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vet appointment- very nervous!- Update

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I have moved Jimbys appointment forward so we are going today at 2.45pm, I am really nervous, I am so worried that they will have bad news about the lump.

Last edited:
Good luck :)

Remember, ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power, so that means that when you have more knowledge about the lump (whatever it may be) then you're more powerful in terms of what you can/need to do about it.

Please update us when you can :)

Good luck. You may be pleasently surprised. One of my foster buns had a lump near his ribs/lungs. We thought the worst. But it was just a cyst and was easily drained with no problems at all.

Thank you so much everyone.

We had our appointment and thank goodness the vet is not concerned about the lump, he said it feels like a little nodule not to be worried about unless it grows or becomes painful, so to just keep an eye on it and check it once a month.
Teeth wise he does have some spurs again which need to be rectafied in 6 weeks. :(

Jimby did extremely well and was a veey good little boy, have made it up to him on coming home, he has had some yummy carrot tops. :D

I'm glad the vet thinks it is currently nothing to worry about :)

Bet that's put your mind at ease :D

Can I ask why his spurs have to be done in 6 weeks? i'm nosey.

Apparently they are not large enough at the moment to be done but will need doing when they grow so he reckons about 6 weeks time.

Ah, ok.

You might have some times to see if you can get them worn down. Different types of hay wear down different parts of the teeth so maybe providing a wide range of hays may help control it.

Thats what I thought! We already give him, OXBROW TIMOTHY HAY, OXBROW ORCHARD GRASS, OXBRO OAT HAY, PETS @ HOME HAY, BURGESS HERBAGE AND BURGESS DRIED GRASS.

:lol: Dont think I can add in any more

:lol: There are still more types, but you're doing all the right things. Oxbow have a good range of a variety of hays, and also bale hay can have different types of hay in too.

Jimby has forgiven me, he loves his Mummy again!! I have just received TWO big bunny kisses on my nose!! :love:

Oxbow Brome hay is very long and course and looks awful but my Amber loved it. This would be really good for teeth if you can find it. Try to opt for longer looking hay rather than the short stuff. Grass is quite abraisive too. Anything that makes buns grind the back teeth food wise

Was just thinking, if you haven't tried the Hay Experts taster packs, they may be a good place to start.

Back