• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with dog kennels

Rhian33

Warren Veteran
I'd like to upgrade my bunny accomodation to a dog kennel and run soon (if I can persuade the OH it's a good idea) so we can get back upto a trio of bunnies with the addition of a medium to large bunny.

I have found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOG-KENNEL-AN...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Cats?hash=item3ca68af3ca in ebay which I like. My buns live free range during the day and are shut in their shed at night. I think with one of these they would ge the safety of being shut away at night but can also enjoy the freedon of being outside if they choose.

What do you lot think? I intend to have a large cat/small dog flap put in instead of the hole or catflap up high.

Seems fine, but I would be a little worried about the height- it's only 5ft. You'd keep bumping your head on the roof!

Seems fine, but I would be a little worried about the height- it's only 5ft. You'd keep bumping your head on the roof!

That's fine, our shed isn't tall enough for either of anyway (being 5ft 10 and 6ft 1 with a 6ft shed, 6ft at the apex) so I tend to clean it out on my hands and knees anyway so I don't bang my head.

you will have seen this before

shed2001.jpg

form here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TANALISED-DOG...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item4ceb51e21d

its 14ftx6ft and cost £550 which included delivery and putting it up..would have been £475 without those

you will have seen this before

shed2001.jpg

form here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TANALISED-DOG...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item4ceb51e21d

its 14ftx6ft and cost £550 which included delivery and putting it up..would have been £475 without those

Oooh, that's gorgeous but too big for my garden. I don't need it to be massive as the buns are free ranging all day. Will look at that seller though.

Edit: That seller looks really good but is quite far away so delivery would be lots. Would get free delivery from the companies I have seen and about £25 for putting it up

How tall is it? Do you think it's better than a shed and run combo?

Last edited:
I don't know. If your used to cleaning on your hands and knees then yeah, but I keep whacking my head on the internal door, which knocks me sick sometimes :oops:

It would be even better if all my rabbits loved each other. Going to see if I can get a foursome going again on Wednesday, as I have a bit of time off. Cherry is poorly again, so I don't think I am going to get my 6 anytime soon :(

I don't know. If your used to cleaning on your hands and knees then yeah, but I keep whacking my head on the internal door, which knocks me sick sometimes :oops:

It would be even better if all my rabbits loved each other. Going to see if I can get a foursome going again on Wednesday, as I have a bit of time off. Cherry is poorly again, so I don't think I am going to get my 6 anytime soon :(

I knock my head on my 6ft shed so a 5ft one would probably make me a little more careful.

Aaaaw, 6. 3 is perfect for me. Need another girl as I've been left with a 20 month old boy and a 7 year old female who has had a rough life. I don't want him to be on his own. Hope cherry gets better soon.

My kennel is 16ft x 4ft, and it is 5ft high. It has never been a problem (I am around 6ft-ish) I have occasionaly bumped my head, but it's not a major problem.

My kennel is the best thing we have ever bought. They love it. It has got so much room. They have also got a catflap in the door, and there is a run on the front :) x

Back