• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Herbal remedy for calming

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
i was just wondering if there was such a thing for bunnies, just last night petal was like a deamon out to kill and teddy wasn't being very nice to theo and it's all due to the arrive of my foster doe and her babies. i'm gonna start and wear different clothes around them but still don't think this will help as i'll be bringing the doe in to exercise her. so just wanted to maybe give my girlies something to calm them down to they get used to the smell of the babies. the doe (buttons) and her babies are in the garage where my 3 can't see them.

Hi you can try rescue remedy.I think you can buy the spray version or mix up a few drops of the original version with water and put It in a spray bottle and squirt around the room

thats great thankyou both i'll try one first and if that fails will try the other one. petal is just too scary when she's in killing mood :shock: :(

is that just the human version you get? it does the same job then? i seen it for sale in sainsbury's recently

I have used rescue remedy successfully on Elwood for his behaviour on more than one occassion. I put a couple of drops in water and syringed it in. He actually quite liked it :D

Serenum for buns works really well, we've used it on particularly stressed buns around bonfire night and xmas if fireworks are being set off in the area.

a drop or two of lavender oil on the wrist has been used by grooms to help calm nervous horses....im sure it would work with bunnies too.
you could always give them a few bunches of lavender or camomile to much on.

thanks guys, well i was in pets at home there picking up a few things and seen that serenum so got some of it. hope it helps her cos she is very sweet just gets a bit scary sometimes specially at the smell of other females. she's gotten used to ted's smell but even ted was playing up. honestly woman :roll: :lol:

Back