• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help advise needed pls

teresateddyb

Warren Scout
hiya just went out to check on bunnies before brekkie and my rex doe bambi is not very well shes got a very swollen belly and is quite hot pooing normal had some water gave her some hay,mint and dandelion but refusing to eat :( goin to get appointment with vet as soon as they open wht could it be she was fine yesterday

regards teresa

the best thing you can do for her is get her to the vets. Can they not see her sooner? not eating is an emergency in rabbits. Sounds like either bloat or gut stasis. Both need treatment asap

This happened to my Rosie last week. It's most likely gas and it can come on so quickly. Rosie usually gets it when she has been greedy. I usualy give her a couple of drops of metacam, a couple of mls of Infacol and some tummy rubs to help it pass. BUT this is what I do and I'm not reccommending you do this unless you know what you are dealing with. Some tummy rubs might help though but going to vets is the best option. Hope she feels better soon.

I agree on a vet visit ASAP. Until then bring her inside and keep her warm.

Many things can trigger this in a rabbit (food, stress, parasite, bacteria, gas, pain, etc), so we can't really say much more than get her to a vet.

well back from vets bambi has excess gas from over eating pellets she has had a injection and has baytrill and fibreplex and bio-lapis for her water and a green veg and hay diet so off to tescos in a min to get some more green veg

:wave:re infacol i have some gripe water in the cupboard is that the same

teresa

Mopsy had this, scared the living **** out of me as I instantly thought it was stasis. Luckily, she just had gas from being a piggywig!!

Hope she gets better soon!! x x

Back