• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tonight i have had to split one of my pairs :(

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
I am so upset :cry:
If I am honest with myself they have never been 'right'. Their initial bond started badly where my girl went for him all the time and they never really settled.

When they lived at my mums they scrapped all the time, when I brought them here to the house to their new set up they seemed to get on better but have never been loved up and they never seemed happy like my other pairs.

This pm she has continuously attacked him no matter where I put them so I have decided enough is enough, he is running scared from her and shaking, so I think it’s for the best, he has gone to stay with my mum for a few days then I don't know whether to try them again or not or what :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Aww, it is terribly upsetting when a bond breaks down.
Any chance you could bond him into another pair or group instead?

Awh what a shame :( Cherry was constantly attacking Charlie duing bonding, but they seem to have settled down now :) I think that is one thing with bonding that no matter what you still have to watch for signs of it deteriorating Esp if there are other bunnys around.

But still it is such a shame.

Awh what a shame :( Cherry was constantly attacking Charlie duing bonding, but they seem to have settled down now :) I think that is one thing with bonding that no matter what you still have to watch for signs of it deteriorating Esp if there are other bunnys around.

But still it is such a shame.

Yes she has been with him since we lost Jazz in March so it should be right by now if its ever going to be. I think he is too laid back for her and doesn't show her enough attention, she needs a bad boy!

I don't want to part with either of them but don't really want to take on anymore buns, its so hard :cry:

Maybe others who have come and gone didn't bother her but the news ones do. Just like humans, she may have just taken a dislike to them.

As you said though if the have been together since March they should be right by now, but if they are in the sight/smell line of other buns, maybe she just can't settle with this bun because of the referred aggression.

I would be tempted to try them again, without any buns around and see how they go. Difficult I know

Maybe others who have come and gone didn't bother her but the news ones do. Just like humans, she may have just taken a dislike to them.

As you said though if the have been together since March they should be right by now, but if they are in the sight/smell line of other buns, maybe she just can't settle with this bun because of the referred aggression.

I would be tempted to try them again, without any buns around and see how they go. Difficult I know

Yes it is so hard, just thinking about it i could always try them again and have a major move around and move them to the other end of the garden where there would be much less chance of her catching a glimpse of any newbies coming and going :?

Maybe they just need a break? I know I do from my OH if we are together toooo much:lol: Is there no way of keeping them near each other but, having their own space so they can still see and lick through bars?

Back