• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft poo back again

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Little Brian's soft poo problem has come back again :(

So, what do you think is more likely,

Its his excel pellets that he has, over the past month or so, become sensitive to (he only gets about an egg cup full a day)

Its the greens he is eating, and I'll have to stop giving them all together (don't want to do this)

Its his baytril/bisolven.

Im going to PAH home tomorrow so will get some pro biotic.

I think it's most likly to be the pellets. G + P had soft smelly droppings for the first 2 years of their lives, and Ginger was quite ill. It was only by stumbling across Dr Susan Brown's hay + veg diet I realised what it was, and they were miraculously cured!

Some people have better luck using SS instead but it didn't work for us.

He was on SS before I got him, so I think it'll be worth getting a bag of that to try then.
I know they both like it anyway.
Thanks for the advice :wave:

To be honest, it could be many things, parasites, fresh, bacterial issue, stress, pellets, lots of things.

I would not expect to see a sudden sensitivity to the pellets without a trigger though, to be honest.

He does have carrot, just half a small carrot every couple of weeks.
Im not sure whether I should change his pellets or not :?

Thanks for replies

Back