• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Right now - Few tips needed

Dommy

Warren Scout
right im bonding 2 of my rabits right now, jecht male, neutered about 6-7 weeks ago and cookie female, who was spayed months and months ago

theyre in a neutral area, charlie and lolas cage which ive cleaned through-out and ive managed to split it so its alot smaller, ive scattered hay about and i pop in to scatter a few treats about as this is what i did with charlie and lola whos bond went a bit tooo smooth lol

at first they were pullin fur and fighting so i put them in the pet carrier together they sat side by side no dominance goin on for about half hr and i carried them about a little bit, unable to use car ;P

i then put them in the cage and made a bit smaller as it was a bit big to start and since then they havnt really showed muhc interest, been goin for about 2 and a half hours now

cookie will occasionaly chase hima little bit and jecht is very scared, she is flopped out alot of the time

recently she went and nipped him and he ran about then ran over to her and put his head under chest and stayed there for about 5minutes but theyre back to oposite sides again, its quite a small space too, ive scattered a few treats about i dont want them to become dominant over an area of the cage.

they havnt got any toys or litter trays or anythin in their with them atm but if its a good idea to use some i can do no problems lol

im just a bit stuck on what to do, maybe some tips to get them to become interested in each other? maybe im expecting too much as charlie and Lola's bond went verry smoothly and theyre absolute lovebirds now lol

ps as i typed this cookie chased him and pulled some fur out, she is completely relaxed by the looks of it but he is quite scared, i dont wanna stop the bonding, i understand that they will chase nip and hump but i just dont know when to say enough is enough if it gets any further

its sounding good,everything is as expected.I wouldnt put anything in the bonding area yet as one bunny might "claim" it and this can lead to problems,similarly with the litter tray somebun might "claim" it or else may stop a bunny coming out of it.You could try putting mashed banana on each others head to see if this will encourage licking and then grooming [personally none of my buns like banana so that was a no go!:(] My first ever bond was a "love at first sight" bond-boy did it lead me into a false sense of security!!!!:shock:

its sounding good,everything is as expected.I wouldnt put anything in the bonding area yet as one bunny might "claim" it and this can lead to problems,similarly with the litter tray somebun might "claim" it or else may stop a bunny coming out of it.You could try putting mashed banana on each others head to see if this will encourage licking and then grooming [personally none of my buns like banana so that was a no go!:(] My first ever bond was a "love at first sight" bond-boy did it lead me into a false sense of security!!!!:shock:

oki, yeh Cookie and Jecht dont like banana >.< fussy buns, nice to know it is going well, its just they seem to stay away from each other even in their small area, i think i expect too much as Lola and charlie were like ur buns too, love at first sight :p

Back