• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lino tiles / ? Anyone

DemiS

Warren Veteran
My hutches are at the moment plain wood floor in the main bit, and woodshavings and hay in the bedroom bit. I know quite a lot of people use lino in their hutches, can you give me more info on this? Why is it better?

Poundworld are doing packs of lino tiles, if I were to get some would they be ok for hutches or would any urine/much get stuck in between the cracks?

Last edited:
Oh, and another few things. The rabbits seem to be diggers, I tried putting fleece on the floor of the hutches and by morning they were rolled up and chewed.

There are also numerous bite marks around the hutch. Harley chewed through a whole bedroom divider in a few weeks :shock:

Do you think it would be suitable for them?

ive used them in my shed for the upper floor,and to be honest after a few weeks of cleaning they have started to peel up,and some the buns have chewed.so now i have invested in some more lino which i got on a roll for the bottom floor.
if you use them (im presuming they are sticky back)i would suggest sticking them down with something stronger.i just wasnt sure what to use that would be safe if the buns did chew them x

ive used them in my shed for the upper floor,and to be honest after a few weeks of cleaning they have started to peel up,and some the buns have chewed.so now i have invested in some more lino which i got on a roll for the bottom floor.
if you use them (im presuming they are sticky back)i would suggest sticking them down with something stronger.i just wasnt sure what to use that would be safe if the buns did chew them x

Do you know what they peeled up from? (Buns, Weather, urine)

The Poundland ones don't stick very well, so I would think the sticky stuff would be the culprit. I would never suggest using them for any chewers or diggers or tearers.

I know several people that use lino from a roll which works really well for them, although there is still a risk for some buns.

Do you know what they peeled up from? (Buns, Weather, urine)

i think just becaues the sticky on the back wasnt strong enough to bond them to the wood,if you put other glue or no more nails on,and make sure you put them on flush im sure they wouldnt peel.

I use them in my hutch and they work pretty well. They're really easy to clean.
The only thing is it can be quite slippery, so when my bunnies jump in and out of the run (rather too enthusiastically) they tend to slip a bit.
I'm trying to find some way to make this easier for them though... I was thinking of putting carpet tiles in the areas where they slip but I thought they would be difficult to clean... I'm still pondering it XD

Hope you find something that works, though!

ETA: Mine are from Homebase and haven't peeled at all. Also I think that if all the tiles are flush to the floor it would be near impossible for a bunny to dig/chew them up. Ruby hasn't managed it yet anyway, and she's quite the destructabun.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I'll try some, and stick them down with no more nails (obviously hidden from the buns) :)

I use sticky lino tiles in the bottom of my crate. Both my guys are chewers but they are stuck down well so they cant get to them to chew. I find them really easy to use. I just fill a bucket with warm soapy water and use a floor mop inside the crate.

I cut out a piece out of a roll of lino - it was a roll end that I got for free from a shop. Bit better because there are no gaps like with the tiles. I only use in the living area and still have shavings and straw in the bedroom.

I used the tiles from a pound shop in my old hutch and run. There shouldn't be any edges to grab hold of and chew if they're fitted square, and all the edges are butted right up. I had no problems with them lifting after a year of use.

We have an offcut from a roll which we got for a tenner, double the size we needed. It's fine, easy to clean, not slippery (it's got a kinda bounce in it) and is lasting very well.

I have used the poundlnad ones in all of mine and not had any probs with them, actually tried to get one up and couldn't! Literally had to chip the thing off. Thye make it so much easier to clean :D

I have used the poundlnad ones in all of mine and not had any probs with them, actually tried to get one up and couldn't! Literally had to chip the thing off. Thye make it so much easier to clean :D

Thats made me feel loads better :D
Do you know what size each tile was? :oops:

I have some in the summer den hutch i plan to use for summer days, The hutch has never been used since I refurbished it. I got the ones from Homebase £2.60-something for a 6 pack. Can't remember the exact size, but there are lots of patterned ones to choose from!

I have some in the summer den hutch i plan to use for summer days, The hutch has never been used since I refurbished it. I got the ones from Homebase £2.60-something for a 6 pack. Can't remember the exact size, but there are lots of patterned ones to choose from!

You should of gone to poundworld, pack of 5 for a pound ;)

Don't know any of poundworlds near where I live ;) When I originally wanted the tiles everyone said poundworld or poundland and I was all grr, so I settled for Homebase! :lol:

That's a bummer :(
My dad lives across the road from one, and there is one next to where I park to go to the dentist :lol: Not only is it a poundworld, it's a superstore poundworld! :love:

Back