• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does she do it

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
Why does Ellie scratch her cage? She has the Nero 3 cage with a run attached, she goes under her feeding platform and just scratches constantly. She has a lot of toys and tunnels so she shouldn't be bored. I have had to remove her newspaper from her cage as she was just ripping it to shreds and it was going in her water bowl. She also bites the frame of the run even though she has lots of wooden toys and willow wigwams to chew....

Is there anything I can do to stop her doing it.. She is about five months old and going to be spayed on the 24th November :eek:

I would imagine hormones are playing a huge part in this and hopefully after she has been spayed, and also if she gets a friend, it should calm down.

Have you tried giving her a digging tray?

How much space does she have access to permanently?

She has a friend but waiting for the operation before they go into together.
They are currently living side by side

2qx6nmq.jpg

20u8vvq.jpg

I hope they have enough space plus they get playtime out twice a day for at least a minimum of 40mins each time

Back