• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions Please!

Unfortunately I would say that's definitely too small - you want a minimum length of 6' really. In addition that hutch looks to be made of plywood rather than the sturdier tongue+groove construction which will last longer.

When I got my first rabbit I bought a 4' hutch which seemed ok at the time, but after a while I realised it wasn't really giving her enough room either to run about or stretch out properly. I ended up scrapping that hutch and buyign a new, bigger one - if only I'd bought the big one in the first place I could have saved a lot of money :roll:

I can't recommend a hutch in your price range as I haven't bough a hutch for a while so I don't know what's out there. P@H have some larger hutches which might be of use to you, and the ones at www.happyhutch.com are not bad although more in the £100 price range.

One thing I would stress is that it's better the spend a bit more now, than to get a cheap hutch and end up replacing it in a few months when it's leaking/rotten - it's a false economy.

good luck finding your perfect hutch :wave:

I'm afraid most people will say that 4ft is not big enough for any rabbits. You really need to be looking at 6ft as a minimum, plus a nice run attached.

Could be wrong but I don't think it'd be possible to buy a new hutch that is up to scratch for anything like £50 either.:( You could try looking on Ebay for something second hand or if you know someone that's good at DIY you could ask them to make you a custom one (that's what I did)?

I don't really think you will be able to get a large enough hutch for that kind of money. You are probably looking at paying at least £80-£100 for a decent, large enough hutch. Unless you look at second hand ones.

Thanks for being honest, I wasnt convinced myself which is why I asked, its smaller I think than what he is in now- I wasnt sure of the measurements, well I can read but couldnt quite 'see' it! but im not too worried as his run huge and I know he can strech in his current hutch! Re price I will wait a month longer im just impatient!!!!:lol:

I really would not recomment P@H hutches.
Infact I'm not a big fan of hutches all together as permanent accomodation.
If you're looking for a low budget but you have a nice big area, why don't you look at a second hand shed?
I know someone who was selling a 6ftx4ft shed for £25, it only needed a roof panel replacing. This could have cost what... £20? :lol:
This is what I'm doing for my guinea pigs :)
Good luck :wave:

Thats a good idea, which, if I had my own space I would use, unfortunatly my parents are not keen!:D

Back