• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you like the smell of Megazorb/Carefresh?

What do you think...

• I like the smell of megazorb & carefresh

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don't like the smell of megazorb & carefresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the smell of megazorb but not carefresh

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I like the smell of carefresh but not megazorb

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don't like the smell of either

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Right, I hate the smell of carefresh but some people like it.

I've also been told Megazorb smells horrible, but I've never had it.

What do you all think? :lol:

I havent ever used Carefresh, but I do use Megazorb and can't say I have noticed that it has a strong smell to it. I guess it smells like paper, but I don't think it's a bad smell.

I havent ever used Carefresh, but I do use Megazorb and can't say I have noticed that it has a strong smell to it. I guess it smells like paper, but I don't think it's a bad smell.

Like strong paper then?

The thread now has a poll :)

I use neither. Bunnies get newspaper with a layer of hay on top and the rats and hamster have Finacard.

I've only ever had four bags of Megazorb and they've just smelt dogdy, got them from farmway online..so maybe it is something to do with storage on their part! :lol:. I don't think it smells so bad when in the cage just cooped up in the bag, though sometimes it can be abit icky in the wee wee district.

Carefresh just smells odourless. I use both though! :lol:
Just Carefresh at my unihouse and Megazorb at my real home.

I don't know what to vote for :shock: I don't like or dislike the smell of either :lol:

Carefresh has a stronger smell, if I use it in my rats cage you can smell it without having to stick your head in the cage but its not awful or anything

I have never noticed a smell from megazorb :? You can smell it if you make a point of going and smelling it but its not bad and you really have to stick your face in the bag or tray to be able to smell it. I am sitting a few foot away from my rats cage right now, their cage was filled with fresh megazorb a few hours ago and I can't smell a thing

Not too keen on Carefresh, but like the freshness of a new bag of megasorb when you open it up, not really noticed a smell on it after that (unless you count once it's been pooped on):lol:

I think the whole megazorb smelling thing depends on where it is stored before you buy it

I used to use the cardboard squares for my rats and that smelt funny once, when I mentioned it the lady told me it depends where it is kept in the warehouse like what it was stored next to. This was from the same horse supply place I now buy my megazorb

Back