• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When piggies die do they appear....... well a bit like a pancake? :(

DemiS

Warren Veteran
My best friend found one of her guinea pigs dead thursday morning. Her mum said it was old age, but the piggy was only 3 years old. I saw the body, the poor thing looked squished and it's legs and arms were kind of sticking out :'(

Any ideas what it could be?

And sorry if I upset anyone, I just have no idea on guinea pigs and didn't know how to describe it :(

Did the piggie live on its own? Mine havent looked like that:?

Nope, lived with another piggy and wait for it - a rabbit. I had told her so many times why it's so bad to keep them together but she just wouldn't listen.

My guess is that the guinea pig was either kicked or fell. The hutch is in a shed, and there is a small drop. My friend thought only the rabbit could jump in and out, but her mum had said the guinea pigs could jump it too. She apparently found the piggy flat under the hutch, which seems less likely he was kicked.

Nope, lived with another piggy and wait for it - a rabbit. I had told her so many times why it's so bad to keep them together but she just wouldn't listen.

My guess is that the guinea pig was either kicked or fell. The hutch is in a shed, and there is a small drop. My friend thought only the rabbit could jump in and out, but her mum had said the guinea pigs could jump it too. She apparently found the piggy flat under the hutch, which seems less likely he was kicked.

Poor piggy :( Is she going to change the remaining piggy's accommodation now?

Poor piggy :( Is she going to change the remaining piggy's accommodation now?

Nope, I doubt it :(
She's insisting in going with her mums advice on the piggy going because of old age.

Is there anything I could say that might change her mind and realise that they can't live together?

Oh, and also could she introduce another piggy?
Would it have to be another widowed pig, any single piggy or none at all?

Both were male

Back