• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

news paper?

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
is it ok to line your hutch with it,, i have heard a few people on here use it but my pet shop said not to as it was bad for the bunnys???

It's absolutely fine. Water based inks are now used which are non-toxic. It used to be the advice to be careful when toxic inks were in use but advice has cahnged with the introduction of new inks. I use it for my rats as well and they are loads more sensitive than bunnies.

I use newspaper with towels for Brian atm, since he was castrated last friday, funny thing is he wees on it then the ink stains his feet, so i have a teeny rew bouncing around my house with black feet! :lol::lol::love:

rexy was castrated on thursday, i have a towell in the hutch for him to lie on and a soft hay area too and he is choosing to lie on the hay. is that ok??

rexy was castrated on thursday, i have a towell in the hutch for him to lie on and a soft hay area too and he is choosing to lie on the hay. is that ok??

That's fine. The important part of your sentence is that he is "choosing" the hay over the towel. Leave the towel there though as he can go lay on it if he does start to be uncomfortable.

Yeah, I have the hay in Brian's litter tray..I say litter tray because it is new and the intention was for him to use it, but he erm sleeps in the tray, hasnt done a wee or poo there yet..and uses the towel and newspaper as a toilet :?. Soft hay is fine.

Back