• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit spay - for Giant (Frenchie)

How old to spay?

• 4 months

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 5 months

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 6 months

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Over 6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Jemima is now four months old

how old do buns need to be before they can be spayed?

She is a French lop and already the size of a fully grown dwarf lop maybe bigger

opinions and vote please xxx

Last edited:
My vet won't spay until 6 months, but I know some do do earlier under the right circumstances.

Ask your vet, they should know when is best :) Some vets will not do it untill your bun is a certain age.

The three vets I am registered with will only spay at 6 months,and they will castrate at 5months or when plums fall.

ours will spay at 4 months or if they reach 1kg so I voted for that, however not reading your post properly you might need 2 more months on top of that for a giant as they do mature later.

Thanks for everyones replies, I had looked on the net and found that it said 4 months, but my vet wont operate until at least 5 months.

Jemima is displaying undesirable hormonal behaviour so need to know when we can book her in asap really!

Back