• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Names for a beautiful doe...?

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ok, a few of you have seen and commented on my beautiful new (well, as of yet reserved) bunny, Sunflower:
Photo0195.jpg

I like the name but I just don't see me calling her it every day, it's so long, and 'Sunny' sounds like a boys name, and 'Flo' reminds me of periods. If I were to rename her, what would you suggest?

I have a girl called Sunny :D

I think Summer is a lovely pretty name for a girl (hence why I had a Summer :lol:) and to me she does look like she could be a Summer.

I do think Sunflower is a beautiful name though. Could you call her after another lovely, bright type of flower? Maybe Lily? Rose? Buttercup? :)lol:'Butt' for short).

I agree! Flower is really pretty! :thumb:

Equally I don't see me saying Flower every day! I think having a monosyllabic named bun has made me complacent. Not that I ever call him Beau, lol, he is officially "mummy's monkey chicken!" :roll: I'm trying to imagine what I will actually call her (regardless of her name, lol), probably sweetpea!

Equally I don't see me saying Flower every day! I think having a monosyllabic named bun has made me complacent. Not that I ever call him Beau, lol, he is officially "mummy's monkey chicken!" :roll: I'm trying to imagine what I will actually call her (regardless of her name, lol), probably sweetpea!

:lol: I call mine Sweetpea a lot of the time....the vet thought I was mad when I called my bridge bunny Bella that...she had serious attitude and my vet had the scars to prove it!

poppy,angel,blossom?

my mum has a poppy cat, my OH calls me angel, but blossom I LOVE! ooh, or posy! I like the flower theme, she's so pretty!

God, I can't believe after months I've finally picked one! When I was there, another couple arrived looking for a single doe, and there are only 5, I was genuinely shocked when they picked another one without even meeting Sunflower (I had strategically placed myself in front of her cage as soon as I heard "we've brought our boy!"). It's weird how we fall in love with different buns...but I guess it's the same with OHs lol!

and 'Flo' reminds me of periods

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok my friend's cat is called Flo and everytime she says her name it makes me think of periods too

I think I would pick something related to flowers in someway as she is sunflower at the moment? :)

Rose
Petal
Lily
Daisy
Poppy
Holly

She's so beautiful! I think Posy is a fabulous name! Not that I'm biased at all!

Ooh edited to add that I love the name Fleur!

My Mums dog is called Flo and I have never thought of it like that at all :shock:

Now I won't be able to think anything else!:lol:

(I had strategically placed myself in front of her cage as soon as I heard "we've brought our boy!").

:lol::lol::lol: I can just imagine you sprawled across the front of the hutch saying "Nope, this one's empty. There's no-bun in here." :lol::lol:

I'm useless with names - I wanted an old granny type name for Bubbles - like Marge or Ruby. :love::love:

Back