• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

unbelievable suggestion!!

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
you'll never guess!

a friend of mine is organising a new year party and invited me, when i said i couldn't go and leave barnes overnight do you know what she suggested?

BRING HIM WITH YOU!!!

he's a rabbit, nervous by nature and hates change of any kind, even if i move his litter tray an inch he gets worried!!

do people think rabbits are handbags?, something you can take with you wherever you go?

beyond belief!!

Some bunnies are though. Yours isn't and you know him best and made the sensible decision not to stress him like that.

My Summer would have loved that sort of thing, and Tilly would probably do ok (but I wouldn't force it on her). I think Autumn would also love it. Most of the rest of mine wouldn't, but there are definitely some that can tolerate and even thrive in conditions and situations like that.

I think she was actually trying to be nice... Most people don't understand and think they are ok to travel, she obviously really wants you to be there!

Yeah some of my bunnies are fab travellers and wouldn't mind that in the least (I even took Juno 5 hours to my Dad's for a week when she was ickle).

I think your friend probably said it with the best of intentions. :)

Joey and saffy are mega confident they love parties, i used to take them home to my parents, they spent the christmas before last when they were housebuns with everyone.... saffy did keep trying to steal all the presents though! :lol:

Not all buns are like that. I take mine in the car sometimes even (except I don't usually because if we got in a car wreck theyd get hurt since they don't have seat belts). She probably thought he was more like a dog and could be taken with you. I think my buns are a cross between a cat and a dog :lol:

my buns are great travellers as well, we were in car for 6hours and they were fantastic last year when we went on holiday, they just sprawled out all chilled out, when we stopped at services for some refreshments they got there treats too, they knew it was their holidays and lapped it up they had never travelled in car for more then 5mins before that, but because they were with me and together they loved it

Lots of people take their bunnies on holiday with them, and most buns go into boarding at some point in their lives and cope fine. She was probably just trying to find a solution that was good for you and your bunny - you can't expect everyone to be knowledgable abotu rabbits if they don't have on themselves.

Grim loves travelling. He goes six hours to Manchester with me every now and then. But he only loves it because it's six hours of cuddles... because if I don't cuddle him he stamps his feet and rips up his bedding and embarrasses me like a spoilt child. :lol:

But he would hate a party.

Back