• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick questiona about crawlies & Advantage treatment

Hugbut

Mama Doe
Honey seems to have some crawlies in her fur - not suprising considering where she came from :( I'm not sure what they are other than they are tiny but visible to the naked eye. They're definately not fleas, and I think they're too small foir lice, so I'm guessing they're mites. I have some Advantage spot on flea treatment which is suitable for rabbits but it doesn't say weather or not it is effective against mites/lice - does anybody know if it will get rid of these bugs?

ETA: They look pale brown against her fur but are kind of see through on paper and are about the size of a pinprick.

Last edited:
Hiya!!Hows it going???
In answer to your query,I think Xeno450 served up 3x over 6 weeks will be the thing......
I have some of that Advantage stuff....it says fleakies on the box.
Poor Bun...like she hasnt been through enough.
I think I would be inclined to just ring a vet,if youre not visiting but then,I would worry about her ears too.
Give her a big snuggle from me.xxxx

Thank you for replying :wave:

I remembered last night that I had some spot on stuff at my mums that contains ivermectin (the product name escapes me atm :roll:) so I weighed her and treated her with that. If it doesn't work then it's xeno 450 time :D
She weighs just under 3kg but she is still pretty scrawny - I don't know what breed she is so I have no idea what her ideal weight should be :?

Any suggestions?

Photo-00152.jpg
Photo-00222.jpg

I failed to remember the product name too, which is why i didn't reply yesterday. But yes, if it is ivermectin based it should do the trick :)

Cute cute bunny :love:

Sounds like lice. They are very common in rabbits, but mostly go un-noticed by owners unless it's a severe infestation. Ivermectin is the way to go...Pets at home do a spot-on ivermectin treatment made by Beapher.

Back