• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Not sure if what Iam feeling is anything to worry about...

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Hi guys

Last night when I was giving Jims a tickle I felt a little lump on his underside, I have felt for it again this morning and it is on his right side, behind his front leg on his chest, from what I can feel it is a small lump, smaller than the size of a pea and it seems to move when you run a finger across it.

Could this be his nipple? I can not feel the same thing on his left side.

The nipples are not symmetrical so feel his underside and see if you can feel any thing else similar.

If not, off to the vets for you. It could be something, but it could be nothing, and its always worth getting it checked.

He has an appointment on the 11th November, I do not want to stress him out by taking him too often should I bring that appointment forward to next week? (It is to check his teeth and have his claws clipped)

I just tried calling the vets but they are closed, I am so worried about him I do not know what to do, is there anything that it could be?

Try not to worry or panic. It is something that needs to be seen, but not like today provided he is acting his normal self.

It could be anything, tumour, wart, cyst, abscess, etc, which is why it does need checking.

I would suggest getting it checked this coming week if you can unlss anything changes and how he is acting changes, in which case obviously you will need to go sooner.

As Sky-O says, as long as he is fine in himself then don't panic yourself, it is not an emergency thing, but I would give your vets a call first thing Monday and see if you can bring the appointment forward to next week sometime? Just to put your mind at rest and see what the lump is - there are several possibilities as mentioned above. Try not to worry :):wave:

I cant bare the thought of loosing him!!
If it was a tumour would it still move like it is not attached? Or is that more likely to be something less sinister?

We really don't know.

I had a girl who had a tumour on her skin that was not attached to anything and was movable. But equally, all the other things (al probably more) can do the same thing.

There is nothing to indicate right now that you will lose him, he just needs it checked by a vet. Try not to get ahead of yourself, just focus on right now, and what you need to do next.

I cant bare the thought of loosing him!!
If it was a tumour would it still move like it is not attached? Or is that more likely to be something less sinister?

Honestly Rachylou try not to second guess what it is. It is impossible for anyone to tell on here, even a vet might have to rule things out first before they can tell you for sure what it is. It might be something very minor you never know.

I went through something similar with my bun just a month or so ago. He had a little white spot on his willy! :shock: I don't know how I noticed it actually - I don't generally examine his genitals in such great detail :oops: so it was by chance I saw it when feeling a knot of fur in his tail, that I turned him over and caught a glimpse. I thought it was just a spot, but was worried so asked someone on here I know and she went through all the possibilities - some were very serious and I started to panic loads... I couldn't bear the thought of losing him and it being something serious. I was in floods of tears and sick with worry. We took him to the vet the next day - wanted to find out - and she confirmed pasturella abcess initially - but then when she lanced it she discovered it was nothing more than an ingrown hair! :shock::lol: and so all that worry was for nothing.
I'm not trying to give you false hope, but simply to say, until you see the vet try not to worry, and even if it is sinister - there is always hope and things might not be as bad as they seem. I would get an appointment asap just so you aren't left feeling anxious and distraught all week. Good luck and let us know how you get on. :):wave:

Aww well I am very glad to hear your bun is ok.

I am really worried though, I know I shouldnt be until I know if I need to e though, but he is my little baby and I love him with all my heart, I could not bare anything bad happening to him.

I am going to call the vet on monday morning and get the first avaliable appointment.
I really pray that it is nothing, everyone of my family who I have mentioned it to have said that it is 99% nothing but get it checkd to ease my mind, they said that humans get lumps and bumps now and then and more than not they turn out to be nothing.

Has he had an active infection recently ?

If so it *might* be an enlarged lymph node that you are feeling. Rather like when we get a 'swollen glands' if we have a severe throat infection

Hubby has just came home from work and had a feel of the lump, he is not concerned he said that it just feels like a part of him, like a fatty lump or something, he has said to get it checked for my piece of mind but he would not worry as he really thinks it is nothing.

Back