• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wicker baskets

beki

Mama Doe
I was wondering about buying a wicker basket for ruby as i am sure she would like to chew it, and make a little bed out of it, she gets through the cardboard boxes very fast. Is any wicker ok? they have some nice sizes in ikea (not too big not too small - ruby sized) but i am worried about any varnish that it on them. What would the best basket be to get her, where would i get one from and should i avoid Ikea? (for baskets that is, not totally, although my boyfriend would prefer it if we never had to go there again!)

thanks sue, not seen those at ikea, i will have a look next time i go. Unfortunately for matt i am already planning another trip...more photoframes are needed!

Thanks too lildebs, i will check that one out too :)

My big tesco have some storage ones in at the minute they are untreated. little ones 3 for £6.

And it was this time last year that home bargains has untreated wicker laundry basket in. I have just thrown mine out, as they were falling apart and getting dangerous.

i go the charity shops for mine,they chew them like no tommorrow lol,may invest in those from ikea though may last a bit longer lol

Back