• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I hold them

You can hold from a day old providing the mum allows you to. At least you need to check them all everyday to check they are being fed. Make sure you have no strong smells on your hand (including soap), stroke mum too before you touch them. If mum is awkward then try and put a dab of vanilla just above her nose.

Are they in a nest box?

You can hold from a day old providing the mum allows you to. At least you need to check them all everyday to check they are being fed. Make sure you have no strong smells on your hand (including soap), stroke mum too before you touch them. If mum is awkward then try and put a dab of vanilla just above her nose.

Are they in a nest box?
no They are with there mum in some hay and are covered in their mums fur

Ideally they need a nest box to be in (and have the nest in that), because it prevents babies being dragged out and potentially freezing to death.

If they are outside you will also need to think about a way to heat them a bit because its super cold for babies right now.

Yes, you should try check them daily and remove any dead babies.

I would reccomend going out and buying a snugglesafe heat pad and putting it near the nest. And move the hutch into the house or a garage/shed if possible.

Can I ask how it happened? And where the male is?

Both the male and female must be neutered/spayed

Yes, they may be in a hutch but it won't be warm enough for the kits. Depending on the type of hutch you can tape a snugglesafe or hot water bottle under where the nest is, underneath the hutch. So not IN the hutch.

How is mum? And how is she acting?

The male is in the garden with my other male bunny away from the female and her babies

How old are the males?
They are VERY likely to start fighting/mounting if you don't neuter them both.

Pleaassseeeee neuter and spay all your rabbits!

she stays on guardd and I stroke her and she is'nt that bothered she is very relaxed

She shouldnt mind you checking on the babies then :)
Just don't be picking one up and walking round with it, the baby may chill if you take it out of the nest for too long.

Can I ask... Have you people experianced babie bunnies at home???

I haven't personally, but I have spent nearly 7 years researching things like this, and I know lots of responsible breeders.

There are some people on here that have had litters before, breeders and rescues that have had pregnant does handed in.

Back