• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Jumping at Bradford Champs Show (Harrogate)

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I've been asked to do the rabbit jumping at Bradford show in January :D

I don't know what else to say, because I don't really know anyhting else yet :oops:

But yeah, I'll be there :lol:

Still no news yet, but this is just for the people who don't come on too often :lol:

Your gonna kill me for this but .... bump :oops:

I didn't go last year as it's more a breeders show and it upset's me especially the Bunny auction.

All BRC shows are breeder/exhibitor shows.

I personally don't have a problem with the auction. It's only like giving a rabbit to a fellow breeder/exhibitor, but when a rabbit is for sale usually they go on a first come first serve basis.

I found the rabbit auction most upsetting as some of the rabbits were roughly handled (not all of them) but some, and the rabbits looked so sad.

I found the rabbit auction most upsetting as some of the rabbits were roughly handled (not all of them) but some, and the rabbits looked so sad.

Yes, unfortunately some judges/stewards handle them way too roughly, although if you stewarded yourself you would realise how reluctant to sit still some rabbits can be. Even the friendly little mini lops were hard to control :shock:

Anyway, please can we not turn this thread into an argument. There has been a lot of people interested in rabbit jumping and this is just telling them where they can see it :)

Anyway, please can we not turn this thread into an argument. There has been a lot of people interested in rabbit jumping and this is just telling them where they can see it :)

I have no intention of arguing, this is just my opinion, sorry if it sounded that way :(

I have no intention of arguing, this is just my opionion, sorry if it sounded that way :(

If you had the name of the judge, you could of reported him. I know the BRC are investigating a lot more things now :)

By the way, do you know what breed it was being roughly handled?

I have been to that show before, & I wouldn't go again cos didn't like how the show buns were kept, BUT I have seen your buns jump & Harley (?:oops:) was adorable & was clearly enjoying himself:love::love:

I didn't go last year as it's more a breeders show and it upset's me especially the Bunny auction.

Yeah, this is why I stopped going to the Reading show - went for the rat show but passing through the bunny hall during the auction was horrible, I understand responsible breeding but I firmly believe that animals should be treated as such, not as products to be bought at the highest price :? Surely breeders should choose who to sell their rabbits to on whether they agree with their breeding ethics and feel like their rabbit could add to this persons breeding line or something :?

Yeah, this is why I stopped going to the Reading show - went for the rat show but passing through the bunny hall during the auction was horrible, I understand responsible breeding but I firmly believe that animals should be treated as such, not as products to be bought at the highest price :? Surely breeders should choose who to sell their rabbits to on whether they agree with their breeding ethics and feel like their rabbit could add to this persons breeding line or something :?

I totally agree.

Back