• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patch had an operation..

Pringle

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry:
He was at the vet today getting an x-ray on his ear/head as he has had an abcess and been on meds for a while now. He ended up getting an operation and he has a big wound:cry: its horrible, its an open wound and i have to flush it out twice a day :cry::cry::cry:..... its going to be SOOOO hard, ive never dealt with anything like this before,:cry::cry::cry:.

He has to be seperated from Spot tonight, vet said shed rather he was seperated from her until he was completly better but knows thats not fair :cry: i dont know what to do. I have had the worst day ever.. upon this my poor wee hamster Sandy was pts :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:...

Thank you, patch seems ok he eating a bit and pooing some, he getting bit more active now, its just horrible seeing him like that, and I feel so sorry for him and spot being seperated :( xx

Poor Patch :cry::cry::cry: It's so hard when they are poorly like this :cry:

Could you bring Spot in to be with Patch but keep them separate in cages / dog crates at the side of each other? At least then they could still be close but not able to be too close.

Sending Patch lots of vibes & (((hugs))) for you, what a dreadful day you've had :cry: xxx

Thank you, I'm going to sort it out tomorrow and give them time together and maybe put a fence thing between them. Thank you again, my poor boy :( x

Hi Hayley.

I read this on FRR site. I was really sad to hear you lost wee Sandy *hugs*

Poor Patch too, your having an awful time of it just now. Sending lots of speedy recovery vibes to Patch. I really hope him and Spot cope ok alone. Lots of love to you all xxx

Thank you Sharon and Tinsel.
I put them together for a while inside but spot is never happy inside so I put them in their shed/run and they were fine, every now and again spot started licking his wound, patch seemed really happy eating hay/grass etc, but then spot started grooming him and started pulling his stitches :(:(:( so I brought patch back inside again, goiing to keep giving them supervised time together but just worried about her pulling stitches, its miserable outside so can't even put them in runs beside each other, think ill do a set up inside but with somethin inbetween them xx

Back