• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

frosty and linus have myxi :-(

areia

Wise Old Thumper
says it all really im in bits the vet was not helpfull at all really linus is worse frostys just showing im in bits will be bk one ive done some research, at the moment ive made them as comfortable as can be they are both eating well im going to go bk to vet tomorrow and possiably make a decision its so hard :cry::cry: yes both are vaccinated to

Poor you and poor them. Try reading through Autumn's thread and also Violet Rose's thread (slave-parsnipbun). It might give you some ideas and maybe some help.

Thinking of you all.

It's really scary how many immunised buns are getting myxi at the moment. Do you think there's something wrong with the vaccinations they're given?

I do hope your little ones pull through - as they were vaccinated there's a good chance. Sending vibes.

Don't lose hope just yet. Take a look at some of Autumn's pics. She looked dreadful at one point. But she is improving now and having more good days than bad. She really is defying the odds.

Are they on antibiotics, Metacam and a topical eye treatment ?

If they are vaccinated THEY CAN SURVIVE
It may take weeks of nursing care but as they are vaccinated they do stand a chance.

Oh man, more buns with this awful illness.
Vibes for you and bunsters, hope they pull through xx

Oh no, how awful. Seems like so many buns are getting this dreadful disease this year :(

Millions of vibes for Frosty and Linus.

Loads of vibes...if you're lucky it will only be a mild dose of it...but Autumn is coping, and Viola Rose got through it, so even heavy doses can be fought...xx

this is the thing the vet had the attitude of leave them to get on with it,

i insisted on a painkiller an antibiotic for which he gave to linus, the option was not to pts as he said theyve been vax some get over it some dont i was like well yes but what else can you give me to help them,got no advise nothing just if he gets worse maybe best idea to PTS:evil:

my mind was in a total whirl, im armed with as many deconjesting herbs etc i can find got some olbas oil dotted around too,they are currently eating and drinking well linus loves his lavender mint and rosemary and willow and hay,ive got some fibreplex, frostys poos are normal and huge, linus have gotton smaller, trying to be as stress free as poss linus really hates traveling in the car, frosty hates being in small spaces, i mean currently frosty seems to have gathered a new spring in her step and you wouldnt think shes ill but she is avioding linus like the plauge, linus is still moving around but he looks like hes done tens round in a boxing ring, gentils are swollen face too i first thought teeth untill i checked his bom
my mums doing all the checking tonight armed with syringes for fluids, shes having a hard time with one of her cats whos got a constant runny eye, ear infection as well

as ive had to come home to my other 4 stripping down in my hall before entering my flat, i really want to bring them to mine, how high is this risk to do so, ive also got the worry that frosty would be made ten times worse doing this as she hates it inside, could i separate just have linus i just dont know what to do

just be prepared for them to go down hill very fast:cry: my two were fine at night but come morning were swollen up.genitals like tennis balls,ears swollen and very heavy, terrible sore eyes and gunk coming out of their nose.I know how hard the decision is to pts but try to prepare just in case the treatment doesnt work.we found bluebell a bit easier to deal with as we were prepared for her to get it also.GOOD LUCK:love:

Oh god Zoe! :cry:

I am so very very sorry to hear this :(

If you need ANYTHING, let us know.

MASSIVE vibes coming your way from me, Paul and all the furries. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am new to this forum and I am finding all this about the Myxi very scary as I had a female (age 3) never vacs and outdoor and I have just paid £17.00 for my little male Gizmo to have an injection today. What is the point in me putting him through the stress and discomfort every six months if its not going to protect him? I have said it about 3 times now as I am trying to bring some logic to things in my own mind and no-one is even acknowledging my comments?? It seems ironic that a disease introduced deliberately to the wild rabbit population that also infects domestic pets has a vaccine that is every six months and chargeable? I can't understand this, surely it's not fair apart from ethics to charge people for a vaccine against a man made disease thats not even effective. I am so sorry for you and I if my little fella gets it or anything goes wrong within the next few weeks there will be hell to pay!!! It's completely unfair and unjust, you are going to have a fight now to help them survive (without counting the cost) and I am struggling to understand the logic of having paid for a vaccine then incurring more costs when they contract the disease. Does the Myxi vac like the Flu vac for us contain the virus itself? Very best of luck to you - I am hoping you and your bunnies will have the strength to fight it together x

Back