• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Posting photos

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
Hi I am probably being a bit thick but, I am having probs uploading photos- in the little box at the bottom left it says I may not post attachments. I don't have a URL to copy and paste I wanted to do the 'browse' option and upload from my PC??? Any help appreciated :wave:

Hi :wave:

I normally use Dr Pic (internet programe) to resize pictures from PC and then use tiny pic to upload them to give me a url link and then use the "Insert Image" picture above in the message menu bar to upload the picture.

Is that of any help?

You have to upload the pics to a photo hosting site- I use photobucket. :)

There are some instructions here.

:D:D

:wave:Thanks v much will give the photobucket a go when I get chance, getting a bit hooked on this and the time zips by. :lol: Just another quick question, is there a way of turning like a notification on so that if you comment on a thread you will get notified in your email that there has been a reply or do you just have to log on and remember which ones you have commented on?

I(fyou use photobucket then you need to copy and paste the IMG, to get the picture to show.

About the subsciption, if you go to the top of the thread and select thread tools, then subscribe thread, you can sort it that way. There might also be a way to do it through your control panel, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Great will do that thanks, does it notify you then when people comment on that thread?

Just clicked on that and it does give you the option to be notified by email - so sorted I think - I am trying it on this one, thanks :)

Back