• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jim (Pickle)/ UD post 19

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Is seeing the vet tomorrow, we don't think he will be coming home :cry:

He has deteriorated in the last few days, Steve thinks we should let him go to the bridge as it isn't fair to let him deteriorate further, I am in 2 minds so will take the advice of the vet tomorrow. I don't want him to suffer either and don't think he is suffering too much at the moment, but do agree if he gets much worse he will be.

We know there is no treatment for him so it is just down to whether vet feels we can keep him comfortable for a bit longer or not :(

Last edited:
Oh dear :( :( :( Poor boy. He is such a gorgeous bunny. I know you'll make the right decision for him, hope he can be kept comfortable a while longer xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry. What an awful time and a very difficult choice.

Once you know all the facts you'll then it'll make it easier to understand what is best for him. He's loved very much and he will know that. x

Oh no, I'm so sorry. What an awful time and a very difficult choice.

Once you know all the facts you'll then it'll make it easier to understand what is best for him. He's loved very much and he will know that. x

Jim has tumours in his lungs, basically they are riddled with cancer :( He is still eating but the effort of breathing is making his whole body rock and his nose and lips are flaring too. He doesn't seem to be scared or in pain but it can't be nice for him :(

I'm so sorry to hear this. He really was a lovely bun (even if he didn't like me :oops: )
Hope everything goes ok at the vets.

I'm so sorry Liz, poor Jim :cry: It's so hard to know what to do for the best, but your vet will guide you I'm sure. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow xxx

Oh i'm so sorry to read this about your poorly bun :cry: I'm sure you and Steve will make the right decision. Thinking of you x

Jim seems very bright this morning, although of course his breathing hasn't improved so we have cancelled his appointment for now.

we couldn't face letting him go today after loosing Newt and he isn't ready to go today either.

We are hoping he can enjoy a few more days with us, but we will check him regularly through out the day and if he is really struggling we will of course make the right decision for him

Aw, poor Jim, although its great you listen to him and when he is ready.

Sounds a bit lika Summer who was riddled with lung cancer. It's hard to see them breathing like that, but when they have life left its awesome to give them the chance isn't it.

I hope you and he have a nice comfortable and fun day together.

I am sure Jim is so grateful to have such a caring, loving home with you. Sending hugs for you and Ella. x

Unfortunately Jim is booked in to be helped to the bridge tomorrow :( the mild weather let him have 2 more precious weeks but he is getting uncomfortable now and is unable to relax. We cannot let him continue to deteriorate he deserves better than that :cry:

Back