• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your rabbit like a cuddle?

Well, does he/she?

• Why yes, they do

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • No siree

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I was always told that as prey animals, the majority of rabbits are somewhat nervous and reluctant to be stroked, cuddled etc.

I have had six now and they have all been total snugglers :love::love: so if the above is true I must have just been very lucky! I work with rabbits at a rescue too and most of them will enjoy a fuss and a noserub, it's rare I meet one that dislikes it.

Overall, do you find your rabbit(s) to be more wary, or more cuddlable?

You need more options! My bun is wary, but if he comes to you on his own terms, he adores being snuggled and stroked for hours!!

Flopsy and Zebedee love being stroked and can sit forever but not so much cuddled.
Polo, my new bun, he climbs onto my knee and lays in my arms for cuddles :)

Some do like cuddles some don't!
Maddie, Izzy, Joseph and Lionel do like cuddles
Lolly, Oscar, Liam and Niamh don't like cuddles i.e being picked up
They all like nose rubs though :D
I have one foster Tiff who doesn't like being picked up or even stroked, all the other fosters are total snuggle buns though :love:

Out of 8, I've got 2 "don't even try and touch me", 2 " I'd rather you didn't so I'll run away and stamp, but if you have to okay" and 4 "I'm okay as long as you don't walk anywhere with me". 3 of this last lot are a bit dopey.

yeah i think ted and petal love a cuddle more so teddy. but ofcourse noone likes to be cuddled for ages and a brief cuddle is good.

I can't vote cuz it's one of each. Ginger Bun quite enjoys cuddles, but Pickle Pie hates them!

Ruby enjoys the odd head rub but gets bored and hops off after a while.
Pipkin can't be bothered with any of it though :lol:

Neither really enjoy cuddles but they both love food :lol::lol: so they tolerate me for a while as they know they get a treat afterwards. :lol::lol:

steve hates bing picked up :( just a quick stroke, nose rub and he is off doing his own thing. hes always around at breakfast and bed time though. :roll::love:

Noah, Emily, Archie, Arthur, Finlay & Bracken especially do & will come to me of their own accord :love:

The rest no chance! :(

Scrat used to like cuddles to the extent that she would rest her chin on my arm and if I tried to move her chin got really heavy as she tried to stop me getting up :love::love: She used to run to greet me and then stand facing the cushion where I'd rest my elbow when I got down onto the floor with her, anticipating her cuddles :love::love:

Artie does very similar - he runs over to me and then lies down in front of me, he either licks me or nudges me if I stop stoking him for more than a few seconds :love: Esme loves being made a fuss of and she will push her head in my hand but she's not as demanding as Artie.

Rue liked being stroked and noserubs when he was single but if I get that close now it seems to scare him a little, he seems so wary :( And I actually think Tinky has gone from tolerating being stroked to quite liking it, cuddles might be some time off but she's very, very sociable when I'm in their pen :love:

Hmm, from the current 18 that are here

Sky-Yes, but only when he wants.
Sandy- strokes but no cuddles
Star- will tolerate cuddles but prefers strokes
Badger- Yes, and yes some more.
Angel- Yes, but only if nose rubs are involved.
Cloud- Yes, but only when cradled like a baby (ETA, not on his back, but on his frotn with his head in the crook of my elbow and his body resting along my arm)
The Dopeys- Not really bothered either way
Sunny- No chance mate
Dawn- Only for a short time
Hope- Only in some moods
Tilly- Once you've got her she loves them
Roger- He hates hands, so its a non starter
Lightning- Not really, thanks
Candyfloss- Only if she doesn't think there is food around
Dusk- Yes, sometimes, but I can't cuddle him easily because if I do him and Floss fight when they go back together, so they get minimal human interference

Fosters

'Baby'- Yes, the more the better as long as he gets run time too
Rosie- She used to love them before she hurt her spine, but now she is only handled when she has to be, and none of those things are pleasant. She likes strokes and one day will hopefully enjoy her cuddles again.

Last edited:
my three are all different. Simba likes to be picked up stroked, cuddled, groomed.. Nala doesnt like to be caught/picked up.. however once you have her and stroke her she will calm and tooth purr and stretch out whilst i continue to stroke/groom her... Fifi doesnt like to be caught/picked up.. she wil tolerate me groom/stroke he but will leap off as soon as she gets a chance. she would much rather be on the floor nuzzled up to one of her own kind:D

Jose hates cuddles, but she does like sitting on shoulder licking my face while i stroke her head (She's doing this now :D )

Back