• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Brick wall again

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Just had a phone call

"Hello we have a litter of baby rabbits can you take them?"

Me "How old are they?"

" about 7 weeks"

Me "well they need to stay with mum for another week..can I ask how you ended up with a litter?"

"Well we've got a male"

Me"Yes..so you bred on purpose"

" yes we thought we could sell them as they are lionheads but no one wants them so can you take them"

ME.....:censored::censored: " No..sorry but we are not here to help out people who think its a good idea to try to make money out of breeding..as hard as it seems you will have to find them homes yourself..we have a long list of genuine at need rabbits to come in..and I'm in no mood to help you out.......oh and get your male neutered "

Fab response. Well done! Some people just need a good talking to sometimes - ok, well maybe lots of people need a good talking to regularly (that's more realistic).

Fab response. Well done! Some people just need a good talking to sometimes - ok, well maybe lots of people need a good talking to regularly (that's more realistic).

Yep but of course it's me who is sat here feelling guilty wondering what will happen to the babies:(

Yep but of course it's me who is sat here feelling guilty wondering what will happen to the babies:(

Do you know any of her details? Maybe someone you know could show interest in them (like by finding where she has advertised them) and then go and see them and maybe chat to the woman?

Then you have said what needs to be said, but also made sure the babies are ok.

Don't feel guilty. Yes these babies are not the lucky ones but if you took them she may just breed again in the hope that she would make money and you would keep being asked to take the ones she can't sell therefore assisting her in something you don't agree with.

Sadly I know we cannot help every rabbit that needs it..
I did tell her the cheapest vet for neutering a male

We have a long list of ones to come in so couldn't take them for a while anyway..and got the feeling she wouldn't wait

If we said yes to her I expect she may try again thinking X mas pressies...and we just have to say no sometimes:cry:

I had circle time with my form today and one of them has two buns and one is pregnant, and I was appalled and said "how?!" and she laughed and said they were 'twins' so they didn't think they'd have sex with each other :roll: so not only is the mum pregnant, it's incestuous. And all the kids were going "awww, that's so sweet, can I have one" and I just wanted to SCREAM!!!!

I had circle time with my form today and one of them has two buns and one is pregnant, and I was appalled and said "how?!" and she laughed and said they were 'twins' so they didn't think they'd have sex with each other :roll: so not only is the mum pregnant, it's incestuous. And all the kids were going "awww, that's so sweet, can I have one" and I just wanted to SCREAM!!!!

What next? I feel like it is a losing battle.

Doubt they'll be so keen to take responsibility when all the kits are born with deformities and other health problems :roll:

Back