• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sarah-Janes mum saved Daisy's life!!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I went on hols to Egypt for 2 weeks and my babies Dudley and Daisy went to bunny boarding at Sarah-Janes (XMissySJx). As Sarah-Jane is now back at Uni her mum takes charge of the bunsters! At the start of week 2 I had a text to say my beautiful little Daisy had been rushed to the vets and had gone into stasis!! Fortunately, Sarah-Janes mum knows what she’s doing and took Dudley as well! Daisy was admitted (along with Duddles) and had to have a drip and meds :shock: I was frantic with worry for my little lady and even after all the texts with up-to-date info I still had to phone the surgery to hear it for myself :roll: As the Essex RUers know Spring Lodge is great for rabbits so that’s where she went. She is now fully recovered and back to her trough monster self :love: Me and Dudley can’t thank Sarah-Janes mum enough for saving my little Daisy!

I had to take Daisy for a check up on Monday night…secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of the infamous Damian but no luck! I was very impressed with the vet I saw (Portia) and I will be taking my bunnies there in future for anything other than routine jabs!

I am boarding Roxy with her at the moment...she is great!! I have no worries about leaving buns at Sunny Days, even when SJ is at uni

Way to go Sarah-Jane's Mum (and Sarah-Jane obviously). *claps loudly*
That's brilliant!

You poor thing having to go through that when on holiday. My parents Bobsat Bob when we went to Barcelona for a week earlier in the year and on our last day he got sick - I can't imagine how frantic you were being so far away for that amount of time.

Thank goodness the gorgeous bunster is better now (she's gorgeous, as is Dudley).

x

Louise, is Roxy the Black bunny in the hutch sitting against the back of the house if so I said 'hi' to her :D

BobbleG It was horrible I felt so guilty being so far away when they needed me and I felt bad for poor Sarah-Janes mum having all the stress. She was a real star, she was running up to the vets on a regular basis with fresh greens and herbs :D I know if Id have asked my dad to call in and feed them at home Daisy wouldnt be here now! It just goes to show you definately need a bunny savvy person looking out for your bunsters when you're not there!

I really had a bit of a stressful holiday as the first week my mum was rushed into hospital, see thread in general chat!!!

Last edited:
Awww well done Sarah-Jane's mum :)

When I see pics of Sarah-Jane's boarding set up it always makes me wish I lived closer so I could use her for my buns!

aww i hadnt seen this because my laptop has been broken for a few weeks, my mum will like it when i tell her this!

She was so worried for Daisy, and every day she took her up fresh food, herbs, treats, anything to help, she knew it would be what was wanted :)

I was so worried too, as i love little daisy :love::love:

is she all better now? xx

Aww... glad it had a happy ending!! :)

I still haven't tried out Spring Lodge, even though it's very local to me! I am currently using Companion Care at Chelmsford.

aww i hadnt seen this because my laptop has been broken for a few weeks, my mum will like it when i tell her this!

She was so worried for Daisy, and every day she took her up fresh food, herbs, treats, anything to help, she knew it would be what was wanted :)

I was so worried too, as i love little daisy :love::love:

is she all better now? xx

Sarah-Jane your mum is the best :thumb: I truly believe Daisy wouldnt be here now if I'd have left her anywhere else! She has made a full recovery and because I felt so bad her diet went out the window and shes been knocking back the Fenugreek Crunchies like you wouldnt believe :lol:

Your mum was a real trooper, I was getting regular updates all the time (I have an unopened phone bill at home that I just darent look at!!:lol:) and not to mention her running back and forth with fresh tasty things!! I bet your glad you sent her on those bunny courses :lol: she even knew she had to take Dudley with Daisy :D

They were binkying for days after I got them home:D I think they finally appreciate that they have lots of space to charge around, especially as I explained that some poor little bunnies have to live in tiny places like they had at the vets!!

Back